Name calling stops my motivation to get fit.

Options
2»

Replies

• LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    <<hugs>>
    It hurts, I know. I grew up being told every day that I was fat, that I was ugly, that I was stupid, that I was worthless. It wasn't until I was in my twenties and away on my own that I realized how much of a lie that all was, and how much it was about those people who told me that and not about me.
    Being raised that way still has some lingering effects, sadly, but as an adult hearing it (not like when I was a kid hearing it), I understand (usually) that people who say those kinds of things are merely trying to make themselves feel better by making someone else feel bad. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, but it stings a little less when it happens to remind myself that it's just someone being petty. And then I just feel kinda bad for them (*kinda* - they're still jerks), because how crappy must they feel about themselves, how miserable in their own lives must they be that they have to make themselves feel better by hurting others.
    Dunno if any of that ramble helps, but I thought it might help to at least know that you're not alone. It happens to everybody, and it hurts.
    But don't ever believe people like that, they don't know what they're talking about.