What do you love now that you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love that I can now bend down to tie my shoes, not having to sit down and bring my shoe to me.
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love:

Wearing a size 10
    Feeling my bones coming out
    Feeling lighter in weight and in life
    Getting to know my husband better as we go though this together
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yeah, feeling my bones is cool. Feeling sexy and feminine is cool too - I hadn't felt that way for a while, it's nice to have it back.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I can hop over puddles now :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Playing with my kids and not feeling like I'm going to keel over!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My teeny tiny waist, flat abs and muscle definition. (I'm sexy and I know it - joking peeps!)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I was a healthy obese person lab wise and vital signs wise, or I would have that on top of my list.

Same here, definitely...although I am still obese!

I love:
    fitting in any bath tub comfortably
    only getting short of breath when I've been running or played a solid hour of tennis or basketball
    my ankles never swell like they did at my heaviest
    comfortably crossing my legs for the first time ever
    fitting in theater seats - even at the old school 1920s movie theater
    grabbing any booth at any restaurant and fitting nicely
    people describing my body as athletic or hourglass (which I don't really agree with either, but it's cool to hear!!)
    being able to take the stairs even in a 12 story building, when most of my friends can't hack it
    not getting food/drink on my chest when I eat
    my husband telling me how tiny I feel on top of him now, or reveling in the fact that he can now "feel my stomach muscles" when he's on top of me
    not being the fattest woman in the room (I honestly didn't pay too much attention to this even before, it's kind of tasteless/rude...but it's nice to know I'm generally not)
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I went to a concert on Saturday night. I used to stress out before events like that because if I didn't have an end seat I would worry that I would crowd the person next to me or that they were thinking mean things about the fat girl they had to sit next to.

Not fitting or crowding never even crossed my mind. It was so liberating to not worry about my size!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love that I can now see veins in my arms. it was actually the first thing I noticed. I know its kinda weird but when you go your entire life with doctors spending hours trying to find a vein on you then all of a sudden they are completely visible....I dont know its a good feeling :)

thanks OP, this topic made my day

Cheers all!!

Tof
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love fitting in smaller clothes and not being plus size. I went from a size 14 to a size 6. I love feeling better about myself, getting compliments about my determination, and being healthier.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love now being able to shop in practically every store at the mall.

However, affording the clothes is a whole different story...
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My breast cuz they look big now that im smaller!
    Quoted for awesomeness

I love putting on clothes that didn't fit for years, and I'm glad that I kept them.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!!!!!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love going shopping and not buying something because I can, nit because it didn't fit.

I love that I'm off my blood pressure meds and my "happy" pill.

I love that I look forward to running 5ks on holidays.

I love that I can play with my 2 year old granddaughter on the playground.

But most of all, I LOVE me! I no longer hate myself for letting myself go and doing nothing to fix it.

Life is so good!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I love that I can actually see my collar bone.
  • KLouHerout
    KLouHerout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the things that I can do now. I feel like the possibilities are endless, I love being athletic. I love physical challenges now, and love that I can actually compete. I feel like the world has opened up for me and there's nothing that I can't do. And maybe I can't do everything now (like I'm dying to be able to do a pull up), but I know that I now have the knowledge, strength, confidence and power to train for and accomplish my goals.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love that my son sees me working out and wants to do it with me!

I love that I can control my food and it doesnt feel like the food controls me!

I love putting on shirts that just fall and dont hug so tight

(great question)

50540473.png
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I would like to add sending semi dirty pictures over kik to my list.
  • joesimtre
    joesimtre Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The fact that I can buy normal people clothes. Size 34 jeans are much easier to find than size 44 jeans.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would like to add sending semi dirty pictures over kik to my list.

How YOU doin'? :wink:

I love my legs. Duh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!