Just a question

Options
vickyt
vickyt Posts: 110 Member
Hey I was just wondering... I work at a video store and I stand throughout my shift (6-8hrs) but within those hours I walk around doing various tasks for about 1-2 hours, should I include that in my "workouts" as walking (2.0mph for example) or is that the type of thing that is included automatically when you join?!
Thanks in advance!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vickyt
    Options
    Hey I was just wondering... I work at a video store and I stand throughout my shift (6-8hrs) but within those hours I walk around doing various tasks for about 1-2 hours, should I include that in my "workouts" as walking (2.0mph for example) or is that the type of thing that is included automatically when you join?!
    Thanks in advance!
    :flowerforyou:
  • BritCom Fan
    Options
    I think that when you're doing your profile, it asks they kind of job you do. If you're at a computer all day, if you stand/walk, or if you do heavy lifting. I think that it calculates your daily caloric intake.

If this is a new job since you've done your profile, then I think you have to go back and change your job on it and the program will recalculate the calories.

BTW: LOVE the kitties!

25341.png
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That is included when you tell them what kind of job you have.

I would say that is a very light job activity though, not like nurses/waiters but more than a desk job. So whatever that choice is (I think nurses are lower than waiters, but it depends on what kind of nursing you do, LOL, not that it matters for your question).

If you go to your goals and do guided goals it'll ask you what kind of job you have, and I would check if I were you light activity.
  • vickyt
    Options
    I think that when you're doing your profile, it asks they kind of job you do. If you're at a computer all day, if you stand/walk, or if you do heavy lifting. I think that it calculates your daily caloric intake.

If this is a new job since you've done your profile, then I think you have to go back and change your job on it and the program will recalculate the calories.

BTW: LOVE the kitties!

25341.png

Thats what I was afraid of...:grumble: No extra snacks for me hahaha
    Thanks you very much, I love those kitties soo much!! haha :wink:
  • vickyt
    Options
    Thanks alot guys!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think if you work behind a desk and you put that then you should count all of that extra that is what I have been doing anyways.