What do you love now that you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I love that I enjoy shopping for clothes again - it's been a long time since I got teary in a changeroom!

I love that I'm no longer embarrassed to do things like go hiking with people other than my closest friends. Before I would only go with my best friends because I didn't want anyone else to see how red and out of breath I got. Hiking is now one of my favorite things to do!

I love feeling attractive again.

I love being able to do yoga and not feel like my fat is getting in the way.

I love the fact that I can see my entire jawline again, as well as my collar bones!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not having a double chin in pictures.
    Running and not hating every second of it.
    Wearing more form fitting clothes instead of hiding behind open cardis.
    Having a 2 as the second number in my size instead of the first.
    Not seeing a 2 as the first number in my weight.
    Getting compliments!
    That I won't have to look at my SIL's wedding pictures for years to come and noticing how fat I am/was (I lost 70 pounds before her wedding last week!) but instead see how beautiful we all looked.
    More energy and not feeling so run down.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I love being active, especially running. I've done some obstacle races and they've all been a blast. Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder, the 5K foam fest, spartan sprint... Plus I've ran as Santa, a Bandito, in Laderhosen, and just for the sheer love of the run. 2 years ago I couldn't get out of bed without losing my breath now I run 4-5 days a week and I'm going to run my first full marathon next year and probably my 2nd & 3rd half marathons.

I've run out through the giant inflatable patriots helmet and across the 50 yardline at Gillette Stadium as part of a 10K. I've done it for the the last 2 years running on the day before the 4th of July and I plan on doing it every year until I am unable to even crawl.

So basically I love being able to be active.
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love being able to run
    I love the feeling of not being looked at because you are fat

but I really love the fact I can sit on my hubbies lap and not feel afraid I am going to crush him :blushing:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am still working on losing the weight, and am just getting started BUT

I love that I am 10lbs down and now just about every pair of pants/skirt I own is too loose (jeans included)
    I love that I can "shop" my closet for clothes I haven't been able to wear in a long time
    I love that my kids and hubby are proud of my for every little step
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love that I don't have that disappointment of not fitting into clothes that I really really liked on the hanger. No more crying in dressing rooms.

I love that I'm in single digit pants sizes for the first time since middle school.

I love that I am now athletic. I went from being the person who thought athleticism was something you are just born with--you either have it or you don't--to being the person who works to meet my fitness goals, and knows that they are possible with enough dedication and consistency.

I love knowing how much food I should be eating and how that gives me the freedom to eat pizza and hamburgers and cake without feeling bad about it later. Also without losing control and eating all the pizza and all the cake because, "Well, I already went off my diet today."
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I love my athleticism.

I also love the attention I'm getting :laugh:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I love that I can now once again slide my size 1 jeans up and sport my high heels. It had been so long. :bigsmile:
    I can shop off the clearance racks and almost always find my size - saving $$ is a real plus. :wink:
    I love that all my jeans now fit into one load in the washer. Lord knows I hadn't always been able to do that. :blushing:
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near goal, but...

I go to an old school dr who has to add weights to the scale to see how much I weigh. I love that he now only has to add the 100 lb one instead of the 200 lb one. Woo hoo!!!
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I just love the fact I'm not as fat as I was 6 months ago!
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love that I can do 60 mins cardio, when before I started my journey I couldn't even do 10.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    OMG So Much!
    I love that I am taking better care of this body that God has blessed me with
    I love that my BP Meds have been changed one pill eliminate another' mgs reduced
    I love how I look in my size 14 Jeans
    I love that my Husband likes how I look in my Jeans
    I love that clothes are two sizes smaller
    I love that I can now see my collar bones
    I love having more energy
    I love the compliments
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love shopping in regular size stores. There is a whole new world out there and it's cheaper!
    I love being able to cross my legs, seriously more comfortable to sit.
    I love being able to run without feeling like I'm going to pass out from lack of oxygen (5K soon!)
    I love when I travel I don't worry about being too tired from all the walking and sightseeing.
    I love not feeling ashamed and embarrassed in public. But it makes me sad I felt like that for so long.
    I love I'm finally bringing the best me to my marriage. My supportive husband deserves the best me!
    I love not worrying "what am I going to wear" because it all looks pretty good.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love getting out more in the world and socializing, volunteering, bring willing to show up. That's in ways not something I love to say about myself, because I never should have let my weight interfere, but I felt so embarrassed about my looks, and didn't treat myself to nice clothes. I was worth the clothes when I was obese, and I shouldn't have denied myself a good time. But there you have it. I no longer feel embarrassed to be me.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Needed this today! Congratulations to all of you for all of your successes!

I love that I can properly fit in the clothes I have already - no cutting or digging, and some are even too big.
    I love all the compliments I get.
    I love eating in control.
    I have always loved the gym, but not the nutrition side of weight loss, so now I love the gym MORE because I see more results!
    I love the community here, and the support given!
  • kirschkuchen
    kirschkuchen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love skirts and shorts.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I've been able to reshape my big butt, so it pops out now.
    Since the rest of my body is small, I actually LIKE having a big butt.
    I like that there are a couple of creepers that stare at my butt at the gym...it makes my husband jealous (that's the part that I like...is that bad?! Haha!)
    AND I would pass the Presidential Fitness tests for a 17 year old now that I am in my 30s.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love who I see in the mirror now.
    I love the way I look in clothes now (being able to wear two sizes smaller and feeling comfortable in them).
    I love all the compliments I get especially hearing my Dad say how proud and great I look.
    I love having control over my new lifestyle and what goes in my mouth!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I love this!

I love that when I go to my hometown and run into people I haven't seen in years I get complimented. The fat kid is no longer!
    I love that sports I was forced to do in gym class is now something I enjoy to do and go out of my way to do regularly.
    I love that my asthma is no longer a big health problem for me, still have my emergency puffer but haven't had to use it in years.
    I love my arms!
    I love pushing myself further than old me would of ever imagined.
    I love that I love running!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My legs! They're so much more toned and I love how they look in heels :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!