Eliminating belly fat in 5 weeks

Options
Hey guys, does anyone have any tips for me to lose weight and get really toned in about 5 weeks? I have a belly pooch and I'm going for a beach holiday in the beginning of January next year. Really want to look fit and toned with as much belly fat gone as much as possible.

I'm going to do Insanity everyday starting from tomorrow but I know even if that is coupled with a good, clean diet it won't be enough for me to eliminate the belly fat (tried it before).

What else do I need to do besides those?

If anyone has any tips/suggestions, I would really appreciate it :)

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sorry sweetie but you cannot point to a spot on your belly and say "this is the part of my body I wish for fat to go away"..losing weight takes persistance, dedication and often time it takes a bit longer than you hope for. Get on a good diet, drink your water, eat at a deficit, do cardio, lift heavy and you will be on your way...best of luck! :)
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    How many times must this be said? YOU. CANNOT. SPOT. REDUCE. Eat in a deficit, move more, rinse and repeat. You can get some results in 5 weeks, but it won't be where you want it to be. That's not realistic nor logical.
  • alexandrasweetie
    Options
    I have the same problem, CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO!!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

LOL....
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

nope.nope.nope. Bad advice is bad.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1- More Cardio
    2 - calorie deficit
    3 - no sugar (even from fruit), no dairy, less carbs & more protein
    4. CLA & Fish Oils
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    How many times must this be said? YOU. CANNOT. SPOT. REDUCE. Eat in a deficit, move more, rinse and repeat. You can get some results in 5 weeks, but it won't be where you want it to be. That's not realistic nor logical.

QFT
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    You already look amazing, have a great holiday.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1- More Cardio
    2 - calorie deficit
    4. CLA & Fish Oils

1. Meh, maybe. Probably better off lifting heavy
    2. Mostly this
    3. Meh, probably not (assuming no underlying medical conditions)
    4. Can't hurt, but not likely to help with fat loss
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options

nope.nope.nope. Bad advice is bad.

Well it's not necessarily bad advice. It will help reduce belly fat. And leg fat. And arm fat. And butt fat... assuming she is also burning more calories with this CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO!!!!! than she is taking in. It's just incomplete, slightly inaccurate advice.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do Insanity everyday starting from tomorrow but I know even if that is coupled with a good, clean diet it won't be enough for me to eliminate the belly fat (tried it before).

So you're trying it again because ...?

You are not going to look perfect in 5 weeks (or ever). Better to lift heavy weights and eat at a moderate deficit, including lots of protein, than to run yourself silly while simultaneously starving on a diet consisting mostly of various kinds of lettuce. The former will result in losing fat that you will be more likely to keep off. The latter will result in you losing fat AND muscle (so your body composition will likely be the same, maybe worse), and you will probably gain all the fat back when your beach holiday is over because that kind of lifestyle is not sustainable.

Don't get me wrong; Insanity is a good workout if your goal is to burn calories and get into good cardiovascular condition. However, it's not going to eliminate belly fat on its own or in tandem with a really strict diet.

To lose FAT (i.e. the visibly unpleasant stuff you see in the mirror, not the number you see on the scale), you are better off lifting heavy, eating a lot of protein in a caloric deficit, and getting a lot of sleep.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

So you're trying it again because ...?

You are not going to look perfect in 5 weeks (or ever). Better to lift heavy weights and eat at a moderate deficit, including lots of protein, than to run yourself silly while simultaneously starving on a diet consisting mostly of various kinds of lettuce. The former will result in losing fat that you will be more likely to keep off. The latter will result in you losing fat AND muscle (so your body composition will likely be the same, maybe worse), and you will probably gain all the fat back when your beach holiday is over because that kind of lifestyle is not sustainable.

Don't get me wrong; Insanity is a good workout if your goal is to burn calories and get into good cardiovascular condition. However, it's not going to eliminate belly fat on its own or in tandem with a really strict diet.

To lose FAT (i.e. the visibly unpleasant stuff you see in the mirror, not the number you see on the scale), you are better off lifting heavy, eating a lot of protein in a caloric deficit, and getting a lot of sleep.

cat-crying.gif

You're so beautiful... I weep.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    1- More Cardio - Always Helps, lifting weights would help as well, probably more
    2 - calorie deficit - The vast majority of your "belly bulge" comes from eating too much
    3 - no sugar (even from fruit), no dairy, less carbs & more protein - Wait, fruit bad? Dairy bad? I respectfully disagree. Set up your macros (Google this if you need help with it) and eat according to your new Macro needs
    4. CLA & Fish Oils - Not necessarily essential for your goals, but they are good for you in many ways.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

why's this now?
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options

why's this now?

But but but, I thought all simple carbs were from hell? Lol
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Besides working out regularly and eating at a deficit? Plastic surgery.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, a strictly managed deficit that isn't too severe, and high protein intake.

A lot of people have short-term success with ketogenic diets, which is pretty compatible with this specific issue you are trying to tackle, but many rebound after they go off it, so be prepared for that.