Anyone losing weight for the big wedding day?

Options

Replies

• rlmetz23
    Options
    I am not losing weight for a wedding of my own....but I am a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding on January 4th that I am trying to lose weight for! Please feel free to add my as a friend! I could always use some extra encouragment!
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 28th 2014 and want to get back to the weight I was at when we started dating 2 1/2 years ago (have known each other for 16 years though)... not for him, because he doesn't seem to mind me at the weight I am, but for me because I'm happier, healthier, and just all around more comfortable when I'm lighter! I have about 30lb to lose... and I'm hoping to lose about 20 of that by February 8th.

Normally I wouldn't aim for a big loss over the holidays, but I am working overseas until then (for 2 1/2 months) so won't be with family over the holidays having wonderful homecooked holiday treats... although I am in Italy, land of deliciousness, I'm also staying about two blocks from a gym and am working out 6 days a week and eating very healthfully.

My fiance and I have been talking about how we are going to get involved in healthy and fun activities together (e.g. hiking when the weather is good, indoor rock climbing when it's bad) so we can grow more healthfully together post-marriage :-) :-)
  • TiarraJ926
    Options
    I am losing weight for my big day. I have not set a date yet....but I am working towards getting smaller for that big day as well as for the rest of my life. :smile:

I am going ambitiously into a new workout and eating plan. In a couple of months I will be ready to say yes to the dress!!!
    I am aiming for definition in my arms, and really toning my legs. I am also hoping to drop a significant amount of weight. If you need any encouragement as I do; add me as a friend.:smile:
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not my big day but my sister is getting married June 7th. Don't want to be the chubby sister!
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Meee! May 2014. Trying to lose 15-20 lbs by then. At a 1 lb/week loss I should be just fine...just have to make it through the delicious mine field that is the holidays! :noway:
  • Cassy1958
    Options
    I am getting married in November 2014 and we are going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. I had already lost over 40 pounds but am now struggling. I really want to lose weight and look good for my wedding. It really helps to hear all your blogs. I just need motivation. I'll have to keep reminding myself just why I want to lose this weight. Thanks everyone and good luck to you too!
  • LauraCarlson86
    Options
    I've lost 40ish pounds and my wedding is in about THREE WEEKS!!! I am getting so excited! I had my second dress fitting yesterday and am honestly so proud of my weight loss results. I felt awesome in my dress :)
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in July 2014 and the thought of those photos really put my health into perspective!
    I've still got 8lb to my main goal and then I want to be a UK 12 (not sure what weight that will be!) but I'm determined to keep up this healthy lifestlye long after the big day is over :) Anyone need any encouragement add me! x
    08782021 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 28th 2014 and want to get back to the weight I was at when we started dating 2 1/2 years ago (have known each other for 16 years though)... not for him, because he doesn't seem to mind me at the weight I am, but for me because I'm happier, healthier, and just all around more comfortable when I'm lighter! I have about 30lb to lose... and I'm hoping to lose about 20 of that by February 8th.

Normally I wouldn't aim for a big loss over the holidays, but I am working overseas until then (for 2 1/2 months) so won't be with family over the holidays having wonderful homecooked holiday treats... although I am in Italy, land of deliciousness, I'm also staying about two blocks from a gym and am working out 6 days a week and eating very healthfully.

My fiance and I have been talking about how we are going to get involved in healthy and fun activities together (e.g. hiking when the weather is good, indoor rock climbing when it's bad) so we can grow more healthfully together post-marriage :-) :-)

We are wedding twins. :) We share the same date. Sounds like you're doing really well. Hope your plans are coming along nicely too.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just got engaged on the 15th. I don't know if we're going to do a wedding or not - maybe just a court house thing and a reception party with close friends and family. Or maybe run off and elope somewhere exotic? Anyways, I want to incorporate a modest white dress somehow.

Something like this: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/adrift-on-a-cloud-dress
    or this: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/aisle-be-there-dress-in-lily

Anyways, I want to look stunning. Yay motivation!

Oh and I want to wear a bathing suit for the honeymoon and enjoy myself... aka not constantly think about how I look in it. I want to know I look good.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got engaged on Oct 1, and it is actually what motivated me to get back on MFP and start trying to lose weight. I set some mini goals, and on the third goal I put down "start planning the wedding". I don't want to start planning until I have made some good progress.

My goal is to be at 150 for the wedding, and to be able to wear a bikini on the honeymoon. I've got to lose another 65 pounds to get there so I have a long way to go, but it has really kept me motivated.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am getting married July 3, 2014. I made a deal with myself to diet starting January. So for right now I started logging my food in a notebook. For some reason I do so much better with that. So I have the habit going into my dieting plan. Which I have not done good with lol. Does anyone have tips for wedding dieting.......?
  • Operationweddings
    Operationweddings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, 75-80lb loss needed here! I'm setting a date for my wedding before Christmas and want to lose some weight before then, rather than lose it once I've announced it, and people think it's only got the wedding! My BF is getting married next year and I'm a bridesmaid eeeek!!! I'm currently a uk 16 ( US size 20 ) and have bought a pair of size 10 ( US size 14 ) jeans, they look tiny!! I'm tall too is I weight a little more than I look. I was about 130lb when I got with my OH 10 years ago....... This size isn't me! I'm not "fat and happy" I'm so looking forward to seeing my ticker go down, and am excited to see everyone else's go down too, motivation for me :) I'm updating my ticker on Mondays, good luck everyone. Think thin. :)
  • LBFLBF
    LBFLBF Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, meee!!! I'm getting married in September 2015 and I reallly want to be slim, confident and do my dress justice!

I've got 70lbs to lose.

Add me if you like xx
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am!!!! My dream goal would be to lose 100 pounds by the end of the year! My wedding is March 2015 but I don't want to continue to lose a bunch of weight right before the wedding and whatever dress I have have to be altered so close to the wedding. :)
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a MoH for two weddings in May 2015. Have to look good in my friend and cousin's photos!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on September 13,2014 and have already lost 44 pounds ! Planning on loosing another 25-30lbs before the big day ! I orgianlly ordered my dress in a 20 then had to size down and so I got a size 16 instead and now I may have to take it in too ! :)
  • erinbeth85
    Options
    Yep yep... getting married 10/4/14! I went dress shopping a couple days ago and ordered my dress (!!!). I bought my current size, hoping that I'll be down another size by the time the wedding rolls around... I'm already down over 32 pounds, and I'm hoping I can keep it up :-)
  • kpchefai
    kpchefai Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am! My wedding is in Sept and while I love the way my dress looks on me now I am excited for how it will look when I get rid of the rest of the weight! I am also a bridesmaid in a hindu wedding and our attire exposes the whole midriff so I am working hard on that right now! Double the motivation!
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Getting married July 5! Can't believe it's less than 4 months away.
    Good luck with your fitness goals!