Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Within 12 days we will not see major results; and everyone's results will be different depending on their current health & fitness level. The goal for this challenge group is to help people learn to eat in moderation for the upcoming holidays & large dinners! Also, the meal plan that we will be following will consist of high protein foods and also foods that naturally detox the body. Following a consistent meal plan and working out 6x per week will yield physical and mental results for everyone in the group :)

Can you please provide examples of what foods "detox the body" and what (exactly) they are detoxing the body from?

Specifically, what compounds/chemicals/etc are being removed and what property in the given food causes that removal?
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would be interested as well.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Within 12 days we will not see major results; and everyone's results will be different depending on their current health & fitness level. The goal for this challenge group is to help people learn to eat in moderation for the upcoming holidays & large dinners! Also, the meal plan that we will be following will consist of high protein foods and also foods that naturally detox the body. Following a consistent meal plan and working out 6x per week will yield physical and mental results for everyone in the group :)

What foods are proven to detox the body? What toxins do these said foods remove?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    To whom do I make the check payable?
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haha, you guys - I promise there is NO COST! if you want to find out foods that naturally detox your body, you can refer to the Self 7 Day Detox. We are using a variation of that diet & workout plan! Enjoy!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Haha, you guys - I promise there is NO COST! if you want to find out foods that naturally detox your body, you can refer to the Self 7 Day Detox. We are using a variation of that diet & workout plan! Enjoy!

Detox my body of which toxins?

You don't have to name all of them...just give me one or two.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

So, the Self Magazine 7 Day Detox?

Does that mean you gave up on the following:

Pro-Oxy Elite
    Shakeology
    GNC Total Lean Challenge
    The Fast Metabolism Diet
    TurboFire
    T25

and

The 30 Day Challenge you tried to start on 11/18?
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • marissalea93
    marissalea93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Pro-Oxy Elite
    Shakeology
    GNC Total Lean Challenge
    The Fast Metabolism Diet
    TurboFire
    T25

and

Such negativity on these boards. If you don't approve of what she wants to do, then don't comment. It amazes me how degrading the people on this site is.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Pro-Oxy Elite
    Shakeology
    GNC Total Lean Challenge
    The Fast Metabolism Diet
    TurboFire
    T25

and

Such negativity on these boards. If you don't approve of what she wants to do, then don't comment. It amazes me how degrading the people on this site is.

Really?

*That* is your takeaway from the exchange? Can you not see how her approach might seem contrary to the very basis of the MFP approach?

And sometimes, the *right* thing to do when you don't agree with an idea someone is selling is to ask for clarification. I'm not sure why you would interpret that as degrading.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can name a toxin that is cleansed from this diet. Maybe just name one of them for me? I'd really like to know.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Pro-Oxy Elite
    Shakeology
    GNC Total Lean Challenge
    The Fast Metabolism Diet
    TurboFire
    T25

and

Really?

*That* is your takeaway from the exchange? Can you not see how her approach might seem contrary to the very basis of the MFP approach?

And sometimes, the *right* thing to do when you don't agree with an idea someone is selling is to ask for clarification. I'm not sure why you would interpret that as degrading.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can name a toxin that is cleansed from this diet. Maybe just name one of them for me? I'd really like to know.

Nothing?

*sigh*

Looks like my quest continues...
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I find the idea an interesting one and possibly valuable for anyone who wants to pre-empt the holiday binge.

While I can see issues with some of the language, I don't think the OP is under any obligation to respond to those who are clearly only interested in critiquing her. Nor is she under any obligation to provide extensive details on a public forum.

So long as she's being truthful when stating there are no special powders to purchase, I don't find any of this especially shady; my guess is she needs a trial group as a test run for possible future publication of her programme.
  • cajun_qt
    Options
    Then she is legally responsible for telling us we are guinea pigs.

critique is not a bad thing. You shouldnt just accept anything anyone gives you on the internet, you should make sure that they know what they are doing and wont get you hurt and find out how much experience they have.

this isnt being mean, its being smart.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I find the idea an interesting one and possibly valuable for anyone who wants to pre-empt the holiday binge.

While I can see issues with some of the language, I don't think the OP is under any obligation to respond to those who are clearly only interested in critiquing her. Nor is she under any obligation to provide extensive details on a public forum.

So long as she's being truthful when stating there are no special powders to purchase, I don't find any of this especially shady; my guess is she needs a trial group as a test run for possible future publication of her programme.

If by "test run for possible future publication of her programme"...

...you mean, "future client list for possible future sales pitch"...

...then I'd say you are spot on.