the locker room

Options
I am amazed at how many women are so free with their nakedness in the locker room--women of all sizes and shapes. I tend to go into the bathroom to change or hide in a corner. It is inspiring in a way, but I am so far from every being that comfortable.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You should see the dudes locker room...
  • rosemary98
    Options
    lol...i've heard stories.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Without girl locker room scenes more than half of the movies from 1980's wouldn't have been as awesome as they were.
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options

Amen! Nothing like walking up to the sink to wash your hands and finding a 70+ yr old guy standing there, NUDE, whilst he shaves. Closed-mouth vomit!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It might be generational - I have noticed that the younger generation at my gym tend to be a lot more shy about that kind of thing - there are a lot of guys who shut themselves in a cubicle to get dressed.

I played team sports for 35 years so am very used to being naked in a locker room with other people, and communal showers etc (and many times I've even got dressed in a car park next to the stadium or in the dugout after a game LOL) so being nekkid in the locker room doesn't worry me at all. That said, I do get dressed as quickly as possible after I towel myself dry, so it's not a performance or exhibitionist event.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm overly modest, but I do wear a towel to/from the shower, etc. I don't cower in the corner and dress or anything but I do try to cover myself, at least a little.

I'm happy for the nekkid women in my gym. Good for them for being that comfortable! But, even when I was at my goal weight and felt amazing about my body, I just can't walk around like that.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Amen! Nothing like walking up to the sink to wash your hands and finding a 70+ yr old guy standing there, NUDE, whilst he shaves. Closed-mouth vomit!

Lol it's always the older dudes....
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    True story, I had a 70+ year old decide he needed to tell me his life story while standing naked with one leg propped up on the bench. I've seen him at the gym many times and he's always naked in the locker room. I doubt he even works out.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It might be generational - I have noticed that the younger generation at my gym tend to be a lot more shy about that kind of thing - there are a lot of guys who shut themselves in a cubicle to get dressed.

I played team sports for 35 years so am very used to being naked in a locker room with other people, and communal showers etc (and many times I've even got dressed in a car park next to the stadium or in the dugout after a game LOL) so being nekkid in the locker room doesn't worry me at all. That said, I do get dressed as quickly as possible after I towel myself dry, so it's not a performance or exhibitionist event.

Yep.

Annnnd old pervs are their own thing.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to get naked in front of my husband let alone a room full of random women! If I'm being very brazen I will weight myself in shorts and a sports bra in the locker room. Other than that, if I have to change in the locker room, I cover myself up as much as possible as I go and face the corner lol.

My husband tells me very amusing locker room stories about the mens locker room - including an extremely obese guy sitting down naked in the corner with everything exposed. He was OK - not like he needed medical attention. he was just chilling out....
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    True story, I had a 70+ year old decide he needed to tell me his life story while standing naked with one leg propped up on the bench. I've seen him at the gym many times and he's always naked in the locker room. I doubt he even works out.

buwahahahahahaaha he just comes for the nudist opportunities! Tragically awesome!

I've seen more than my fair share of old man *kitten* and junk. Moments of nudity are acceptable.... let's not make it a lifestyle. LOL
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    The jacuzzi at my old gym was like a regular Roman spa, lol. Except with Asian women of all sizes and ages. When I was in a hurry and didn't feel like having to take the time spin-dry my bathing suit just to have 5 minutes in the whirlpool, I did the same! I never did get used to it for myself, though.

The whole locker room had a lot of nudity, but sitting down across from strangers and talking while they are nude was new to me. Most of the jacuzzi women did wear suits, but nobody seemed to care about the nude people, lol. The steam room was also pretty darned nude. I think a lot of those women never swam, so maybe they didn't ever bring suits. Meh, fine by me :)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen?
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how many women are so free with their nakedness in the locker room--women of all sizes and shapes. I tend to go into the bathroom to change or hide in a corner. It is inspiring in a way, but I am so far from every being that comfortable.
    My wife used to go to the same gym as me. After her first time in the women's locker room:

"OMG, everybody's doing everything naked, and they're all shaved!"
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    ROFL!

Not much shaving going on in my town, apparently. At least not with those comfortable with the Roman baths idea of locker rooms. More than half of the locker room ladies were towel folks, though, so there is a little mystery left on that subject!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Meh. When I go into locker rooms, I am there to get changed so don't care.

But I don't hang about or appreciate it when anyone tries to strike up a conversation - let me put some pants on first!!
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I ran into my art professor at the gym locker room once and she was talking to me while changing, stood there for a minute or so totally topless. I was like, well, this is awkward, but she was totally cool with it.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I'm a total prude (and if I'm the only one who shaves)!

I have to admit though, when I first started showering at the gym (many moons ago), it made me feel much better about my own body.

I still cover up as much as possible though..
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I really wish some of the women weren't so open. I do not want to see bending over, squatting, masses of pubic hair, etc. it is impossible to "unsee" that stuff!
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I really wish some of the women weren't so open. I do not want to see bending over, squatting, masses of pubic hair, etc. it is impossible to "unsee" that stuff!

:laugh: weren't so "open"…bending over, squatting… OMG I can't stop laughing. The image in my head ..get out!