How is a week off going to affect my performance?

Options
It's currently Day 3 of my fall break, and I am going crazy.

Not only do I not have access to a gym, but I do not have adequate space to practice my Taekwondo. I am completely bloated from the sheer amount of salt and processed food I have consumed as well as the sudden surplus of excess calories, and I have a whole 7 days left of break. I am literally sore from being sedentary, and due to my traveling situation, it's only going to get worse.

What concerns me is that I have belt testing for TKD when I get back from break. How is this situation going to affect my physical performance? Any words of encouragement to help me NOT eat the tasty **** my family is throwing in my face, or should I just enjoy Thanksgiving for what it is?

Replies

• DaveP_Fit
    Options
    a week off never killed anyone

why do you need access to a gym to practice your TKD? no living room in your mom's house? no basement, no table that can be pushed to one side? is there 6 feet of snow on the ground and no shovel? are there bars on the doors and windows?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed much difference when I've had a week off, other than just feeling well rested. Two weeks is a different story, though. My performance really lags. The good news is that is doesn't take THAT long to get back up to where you were.