anyone 5'2 160lbs?

Options
I am new to this. i heard the shorter you are the harder it is to lose weight :(
I think i'm doing well but when i get on the scales my weight fluctuates a little bit but by the end of the week im back to 160lbs
Really need some motivation.
its hard to accept that i am still the same weight as i was last year this time especially after i promised myself last year that i would try and lose weight.
i am 22 and do not have children so there is no excuse for me to be overweight.
It'll be nice to make friends on here to help me through this journey.
Thanks

Replies

• brigettelouray
    Options
    I am 5'2" i am also 22 with no kids!! i weigh 168!! its good to know there is someone else out there like me!!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 23 years old, 159 lbs and I have no kids either. I would like to be 125...I'll add you!
  • mariadag
    mariadag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think a better way to gage your weight loss is through measurements. I find that it is more encouraging than watching that scale.
  • Mezzack
    Mezzack Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 - 171 lbs. I've lost around 8 lbs (est.) since early October. Although, every scale I get on says something different. It's definitely not easy and I feel I should be lighter, but I'm trying to think positive. Any suggestions on what I can do differently would be helpful.
  • mwah7
    mwah7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys. what are you guys doing to lose weight?
    the problem with me is I keep thinking that I have to lose weight in a short period of time..and when I don't see quick results I give up. I don't eat so much, but I probably just eat all the wrong things like too many carbs :(
    how many times a week do you exercise? what kind of exercises? n thanks I will start to measure myself from now on
  • LAG_from_CA
    LAG_from_CA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 168. Been on every diet known to man - some with success, some without. I'm back on the diet wagon again after ignoring my weight for too many years. Nothing like a New Year's resolution to get back on the wagon.
  • pp_mcgee
    Options
    I'm 5'2 165. I'm also 22, but I started college at 125. Drinking and carbs is what has killed me the past four years. I am considering starting keto after having read a lot about it. If anyone wants to add me, feel free.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm already 36 but have the same parameters. Drinking and carbs >>> 5'2 with 175 (last week) and now 166 after 1 week of strict dieting. But I don't want to do strict, I know I can't keep it up...

Would love to join the club :)
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I though I was the only one giving up while did.not see results as fast as 2 Weeks =/ lets committed and get this done once for all im 5'5'' 160 lbs
  • mrskchris
    mrskchris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I started at 155 last year in May, and I am now down to 127. My goal is 125lbs, so I'm close but it has still been a challenge. Cardio is what got me started - walking and Zumba. I then progressed to running and more Zumba and Dance Jam. Now, I am starting my weight lifting phase to tone and build muscle. I got hurt when I tried to run and do both, so I now I am ready.

I had to really clean my diet up to get results - no sugar, no gluten, and no dairy. That's what worked for me, but it's not for everyone. I did let up a little during the holidays with the food but I continued to workout. Being short seems to make it harder to shed the weight, but it's not impossible. It's a slow process, so set small goals. I celebrated every 5 lbs I loss, and it adds up - over 25lbs later.

Add me if you like. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • ashsec
    ashsec Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 5'2 , 160 and 24 years old. Everyone add me!
  • shayenur
    shayenur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 , 24 years old ,and currently closer to 170lbs, was 160 last week, and was 125-130 before I had kids. I weigh the same amount as I did when I was 9 months pregnant. I am doing what I can now to stay healthier. Damn sweets tho. Get me every time.
  • gabbyfarr
    gabbyfarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and 160 lbs. I'm eighteen. I've been on MFP since July, and I'm down almost 25 lbs! My goal weight is 125, but I'm going to be happy when I'm not overweight for the first time in my life!!
  • PriscillaBramble
    PriscillaBramble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, 170 lbs, feel free to add me :)
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 157lbs. Feel free to add.
  • 2014newYou2014
    Options
    I'm 5'2 160lbs and carry most of my weight in my lower body. Feel free to add me :)
  • samba333
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'3" and got up to 178 for awhile. Sedentary and not eating right. Before I started using fitnesspal, I had lost 9 lbs. The only thing I did different was I committed to adding 3 fruits and 3 vegetables to my daily diet. By focusing on eating those things, it caused me to consequently not eat the other things that were mostly empty calories.
    Since starting Fitness Pal I've lost 4 more pounds. Still not on a special diet, just continuing to try and onsume more vegetables and fruits every day.
  • BriJohns11
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and I am 5'2 and 160lbs. It's nice to know others have the same weight and height! I also found this website: http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html in case you guys havent seen it where you can look up pictures of other women with your measurements. I found it inspiring to see people who look similar to me, because I've always felt like I had a weird body.
  • mwah7
    mwah7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey guys, thanks for all the support and thank you for replying. hit rock bottom and gained nearly 20 pounds more..in a shocking 6 months period. feel awful. this is my heaviest weight i have ever been.
  • jessherna25
    jessherna25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! Everything is ok, try not to stress too much, we all know it is hard, failing is part of the process, and now it's just time to get back on track. I'm 5'5 and weigh 155lbs, yeah I am a bit taller but I am also trying to lose weight. I try to put daily goals, and weekly goals, because I know it is really hard and I struggle a lot too! Just keep a positive mind, and take it one step at a time. You got this!