Eating french fries and hamburgers = good

Options
13 lbs in 40 days eating French fries and hamburgers for lunch - magic diet for losing weight.

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    you sound like my BF he could eat a hamburger every single meal.

Wimpy.jpg
  • candiceh3
    Options
    13 lbs in 40 days eating French fries and hamburgers for lunch - magic diet for losing weight.

IIFYM - eat up!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good for weight loss, not for health.
  • MoiKarina
    MoiKarina Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Agreed

How come? I would think the heme iron in beef would be excellent, an easy bioavailable source of essential protein and it's a complete protein profile, and not to mention the B vitamins especially as potatoes are a powerhouse to B6 and potassium in French Fries? If he added cheese then there was added calcium, protein, and even some butyric fatty acids which are great for the antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Not to mention some cheese retains the beneficial probiotics.

OMG and how could I forget ketchup...lycopene!! Mustard once again great antimicrobial and an antioxidant. Pickles another fermented source of probiotics. Add some lettuce a bit of fiber and some phytochemicals. Now as I live in Southwest USA we add chile to our burgers and of course we all know that it is a beautiful fruit high in vitamin A.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.
    Really? A burger is just beef, and can even be soy or veggie. And, the fries don't have to actually be fried, they can be baked.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Beef with vegetables and condiments on bread! And potatoes in vegetable oil!??! Unthinkable!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

IIFYM - eat up!

Amen to that!!! Add bacon to your burger fella - I get shredded on bacon and ice cream (with the occasional poptart crushed in it!)
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    It increases your risk of heart disease. It leads to high cholesterol, which blocks your arteries with plaque and causes heart attacks and strokes.

Source: http://www.leanonlife.com/category/healthy-eating-2/
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    It increases your risk of heart disease. It leads to high cholesterol, which blocks your arteries with plaque and causes heart attacks and strokes.

I agree the 5000 year old Iceman Otzii was chewing on burgers every day and look where it got him...just terrible

'Oetzi the iceman' may have had heart disease; Remains of 5,000 year-old man indicate hardening of the arteries ..

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/oetzi-iceman-heart-disease-remains-5-000-year-old-man-hardening-arteries-article-1.1033294#ixzz2ljs39qck

article-0-0D693E51000005DC-328_634x984.jpg
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

You are absolutely correct - just like crossing the street increases your risks of getting run over by a car.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've lost 95lbs in 16 months having ice cream pretty much everyday. Loving IIFYM. :drinker:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Don't see the problem, except maybe most fast food pretty much taste like a bad dream, of course this is only my opinion. Anyway nothing wrong with a burger and fries for lunch coming out of my kitchen.:happy:
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options

How come? I would think the heme iron in beef would be excellent, an easy bioavailable source of essential protein and it's a complete protein profile, and not to mention the B vitamins especially as potatoes are a powerhouse to B6 and potassium in French Fries? If he added cheese then there was added calcium, protein, and even some butyric fatty acids which are great for the antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Not to mention some cheese retains the beneficial probiotics.

OMG and how could I forget ketchup...lycopene!! Mustard once again great antimicrobial and an antioxidant. Pickles another fermented source of probiotics. Add some lettuce a bit of fiber and some phytochemicals. Now as I live in Southwest USA we add chile to our burgers and of course we all know that it is a beautiful fruit high in vitamin A.
    [sarcasm]
    This sounds very healthy! I guess I should go to ate at McDonald's every meal, every day.
    [/sarcasm]

Mmmm.
    Really? A burger is just beef, and can even be soy or veggie. And, the fries don't have to actually be fried, they can be baked.
    Sure. I was picturing an unhealthy fried burger, ya know, like cheap McDonald's burger. But of course you can make a healthy variations one too...
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I still enjoy my favorite foods sometimes! Everything in moderation.