What life advice would you give to your younger self?

Options

Replies

• chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    .....just do it!!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    - Don't start smoking
    - Don't worry about what other people think- the good people in your life are those that love you for who you are
    - Spend more time with family, they may not be around forever
    - Don't date the guy you met at your first job out of highschool. Just don't. He will waste a lot of your money, time, energy, and happiness.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    - Finish High School
    - (Since I had my son in High School, and I don't regret him) I would just have to add, don't eat at fast food every day! I pigged out when I was pregnant, used the whole eating for two bit.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No point in trying to give advice to my younger self. My younger never listened to anyone's advice.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Never think you know it all , nobody does. Don't smoke, don't forget to get a little exercise every day.... and for the love of all things .... do your homework and try hard at school....

When she tells you she doesn't want to be pregnant , she is going to blame you whether you tell her she can't or whether you support her wishes. Don't take it personally... it wasn't really your decision to interfere with
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    -Never commit to anyone when you're under 35. Take this time to date around and find out what you really want in a partner. This is especially true for men.

-Choose a career where you can make money by being charming and talking a good game (real estate agent perhaps?).

-Surround yourself with good people who are successful and get involved in the right social circles.

-Never listen to your parents. I've learned more from traveling, going away to college, and living all over the country than I ever will from my folks. This isn't true for everyone, but it's been my experience.

-Most importantly, NEVER settle in any aspect of your life, especially when it comes to career or your life partner.
  • blindcode
    Options
    Nothing
    '

# NO REGRETS :smokin:

There is a difference between regrets and lessons learned. just sayin
    agreed!!!

AGREED!

Me too - no regrets and learning daily - still living as I did when I was younger (minus the smoking) and proud of every mistake I made, here for the journey and looking forward to my next mistake for the fun! I love living!!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    keep your legs crossed - only kidding lol

Hahaha! My grandmother actually gave me this advice when I was about 10. :blushing:

My advice to myself would be: Don't wait to follow your dreams!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't change a thing. Even the idiotic stuff is a life lesson you will cherish forever...
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    She's lying, walk away!......no RUN!!:laugh:
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    She's lying, walk away!......no RUN!!:laugh:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

*Your first husband isn't what he seems
    *Neither is your second

^^ Amen to this.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my mom to go get a damn checkup because a lump is BAD and we'll manage even if we don't have the money now.

Otherwise, always be honest, the immediate consequences are easier than the long term bullsh!t.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    No point in trying to give advice to my younger self. My younger never listened to anyone's advice.

Yep. Me too. Oh youth! Wasted on the young!

If I thought I'd actually listen, I'd say:
    * Think before you speak. Or just don't speak.
    * Sit in the front of the classroom. And do your d@mn homework!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    XXXI Jan. 26, 1997 Green Bay 35, New England 21
    XXXII Jan. 25, 1998 Denver 31, Green Bay 24
    XXXIII Jan. 31, 1999 Denver 34, Atlanta 19
    XXXIV Jan. 30, 2000 St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16
    XXXV Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, New York Giants 7
    XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17
    XXXVII Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
    XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
    XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
    XL Feb. 5, 2006 Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10
    XLI Feb. 4, 2007 Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17
    XLII Feb. 3, 2008 New York Giants 17, New England 14
    XLIII Feb. 1, 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Arizona Cardinals 23
    XLIV Feb. 7, 2010 New Orleans Saints 31, Indianapolis Colts 17
    XLV Feb. 6, 2011 Green Bay Packers 31, Pittsburgh Steelers 25
    XLVI Feb. 5, 2012 New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17
    XLVII Feb. 3, 2013 Baltimore Ravens 34, San Francisco 49ers 31
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Be the kind of person you admire most. Workout and watch what you eat. Oh yeah, I did that :)
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. What advice WOULDN'T I give my younger self?

Be true to yourself. Don't let society tell you how you should look or think or act. Don't be someone your not just for someone else's approval.

Respect yourself.

Recognize the signs that he's cheating (my ex) and move on! Regardless of how he makes you feel, you don't need him!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Don't know that I would change anything major in my life -- every bad decision led me to where I am today. Sadly, I am a slow learner, though, so I might try and get the lessons learned a little earlier in life.

(1) Mail the letter to Evelyn, so it doesn't sit in your lock box for the rest of your life. You can't mail a letter to Heaven.
    (2) If is seems too good to be true -- question it. Don't discount it immediately, but question it heavily.
    (3) When someone says something that immediately stops your heart and raises red flags all around you -- do NOT marry him. It wasn't a joke. He wasn't kidding.
    (4) Trust your instincts. Always.
    (5) Secrets - no matter how small, are trouble. Don't agree to keep them for others and never ask others to keep them for you.
    (6) It's ok to ask for help.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    -Never commit to anyone when you're under 35. Take this time to date around and find out what you really want in a partner. This is especially true for men.

-Choose a career where you can make money by being charming and talking a good game (real estate agent perhaps?).

-Surround yourself with good people who are successful and get involved in the right social circles.

-Never listen to your parents. I've learned more from traveling, going away to college, and living all over the country than I ever will from my folks. This isn't true for everyone, but it's been my experience.

-Most importantly, NEVER settle in any aspect of your life, especially when it comes to career or your life partner.

Wow, I feel sorry for you. My parents were intelligent people who always had my best interest at heart. No one will ever love you more than your Mother.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sell WorldCom at $114