The 12 Pounds of Christmas!

Options
I've been on MFP for just a few weeks, and even though I'm pretty diligent for most of a day, there are times when I have allowed myself to over-indulge, which means that I'm on a self-made plateau with my weight.

I've decreased my calorie goal, and increased my exercise goal, in the hopes of losing 12 lbs by Christmas. That is approximately 1.5 pounds per week.

Anyone want to join me in this venture? It's not impossible, and not too hard on a body (calorie wise).

I plan on eating mostly legumes, fruit, veggies, and a little protein. I will also eat only extremely high fibre grains (e.g. shredded wheat with bran for breakfast). And my exercise goal is 50 minutes for 5 days a week.

Replies

• breannk
    Options
    Ill join you with this challenge!:smile: i started 2 weeks ago the 1st week i lost 3 pounds but this last week i was really stressed and busy so i ate bad and didnt get to the gym much.:grumble: so im ready to get back at it and this will be good motivation! :bigsmile:
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • amrenee1976
    Options
    I did something like this on facebook with friends and loved it. so I am in too:smile:
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I will join you (and others) we, my husband and I were invited to go to Jamaica with some friends at the begining of Februar;y for a week and I would like to lose 25 ,more pounds. Started in August and have lost 32 lbs. I love this program because it is keeping me focused and on track (accountable for what I eat and drink and exercise)
    Good luck to everyone!
    Make sure you write down everything you eat and drink!!!
    Kim :)
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Okay ladies - let's go! I'm starting tomorrow morning (since it is almost bedtime here) and I'll check with you later on to see how you are all doing! This is going to be GOOD! We can do it!!!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I'm in!! My fiance is coming home from his deployment around Christmas and I want to be closer to my goal weight!!

Let's do it!
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    I'm in, but I'm aiming for at least 14lbs. :)
  • Starlyte123
    Options
    I'm in! That'll be a good goal. I haven't been home for Christmas in a while but am going home this year. It will be a great thing to show off to everyone! :)
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been on MFP for just a few weeks, and even though I'm pretty diligent for most of a day, there are times when I have allowed myself to over-indulge, which means that I'm on a self-made plateau with my weight.

I've decreased my calorie goal, and increased my exercise goal, in the hopes of losing 12 lbs by Christmas. That is approximately 1.5 pounds per week.

Anyone want to join me in this venture? It's not impossible, and not too hard on a body (calorie wise).

I plan on eating mostly legumes, fruit, veggies, and a little protein. I will also eat only extremely high fibre grains (e.g. shredded wheat with bran for breakfast). And my exercise goal is 50 minutes for 5 days a week.

If you plan on increasing your exercise, I really advise increasing your protein as well. This will allow greater muscle recovery so that you will have the capacity to exercise more often. Also, protein (along with exercise) will aid in weight loss, as you are fuller for a longer period and also, will give you a more lean physic.
  • fattyellis
    Options
    Hi

count me in!!

I have 5 kilos [12 pounds] more to lose to my goal weight...would love to get there by Christmas :smile:
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Well - how appropriate - we've got 12 women doing our challenge! I'm not going to weigh myself today since I weighed yesterday, and I'm not going to weigh myself again until next Sunday (usually I'm an every "day-er") because I'd like to be pleasantly surprised to see the 1.5 lbs off.

Halloween candy is on its way to work with my husband. No more temptation.

Kids are still sleeping, so I can get some exercise in before the house gets crazy!

Enjoy your days!!! We can do this. One day at a time!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    12+1 of you'll let me HD! I didn't see this until this a.m.

Yesterday I weighed 161...if I log in today's bloat 162, it may show a more impressive number next week, lol I don't know how my body will respond but I'll go w/you and weigh in on Sundays, if you haven't closed your offer.
  • Sporty98
    Options
    I think the more the merrier.....! Do we have a spot to check in each day, or will we just continue to post to this topic?
  • keldine
    Options
    i WOULD LOVE TO JOIN. I weighed in this morning at 158. Thats a 3 lb gain over the last couple of weeks.yikes
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Yes! The more the merrier! We can do this! I'll keep updating this topic - and you all can do the same, unless we'd like to use a different format!

I think I've sent a friend request or received a friend request from everyone. If I missed you, forgive me and send a request and we can keep in touch that way too (I'll send periodic updates on the news feed for a boost).

Hope you are all having a good day so far!
  • MrsBeezwaxx
    Options
    count me in I need some motivation!
  • Sporty98
    Options
    I think it'd be fun if we all share our progress with eachother....(I haven't had any weight loss in a month, but I won't say "no progress"). Let's keep each other motivated and encouraged!

Anyone wanting to add me please do....I'd love some more diet buddies! =)
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Okay ladies - it's day two - stay strong!