The Yoga Part of P90X

Options
I'm almost done with phase 1 of P90X. I'm starting week 4 today and I am seriously dreading to do the yoga part. It's so boring!!! I really hate it. Overall I like the rest of the workouts, it's just the yoga! How can I motivate myself to do it?

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You can always substitute in one of the other videos. Do the core strengthening or one of the cardio workouts in its place.
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree the yoga in P90X is very boring and way to long. I haven't done P90X in a while but when I did yoga X I think I skipped a few sections to minimize the time and get through it. You can sub in another cardio workout, but I think yoga is a good fit into the program (just not so long) and I did feel good after.

Also, I did not like Kenpo X either. Next time I do P90X I think I will do a P90X/Insanity hybrid to sub the yoga and Kenpo. Good luck.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I do a few vinyasas and fast forward to the balance portion.

Or skip it. Because it sucks.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I would sub in a different yoga DVD, something shorter. Yoga doesn't have to suck.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I skip the P90X yoga DVD too. I like Namaste Yoga instead. It's a series that used to be on the Fitness Channel.

http://www.amazon.com/Namaste-Yoga-Complete-Second-Season/dp/B005IZUF3E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385482714&sr=8-2&keywords=namaste+yoga
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Tony did some shorter and more enjoyable Yoga workouts in his 1 on 1 series. Check out Tony Horton 1 on 1 series : Fountain of Youth and Patience Hummingbird or Yoga MC2. My favorite is Foutain of Youth.

They are sold for something like 20$ each.