IIFYM AND REVERSE DIETING HELP PLEASE

Options
Hi there!

So over the course of 5 years I lost a total of 60 pounds, when I was in middle school and high school. I lost the weight by eating healthier (not mcdonalds everyday hah) and also by working out (sadly I did mostly cardio). As time went on I started to work with a trainer to gain strength since I play golf in college. Yet, I had to stop playing due to horrible back problems and migraines.
I am 20 years old, 5'3, and around 124 pounds now. I used to eat probably under 1,200 cals a day but I have slowly been increasing. I have just recently started to try out IIFYM and I feel like reverse dieting is something I should try to since I do believe after watching your metabolism video. I was really trying to loose more weight but I just keep gaining no matter what I do. Since I am new to IIFYM, I guess I am just worried that the macros it gave me are not the best. It has me eating 1433 calories, 122.6 carbs, 124 protein, 49.6 fat, and 31 fiber. Does seem accurate?
Also, for adding carbs into my diet for reverse dieting.... do i add about 10 grams of carbs a day or per week?

Thank you so much,
Jill Saiki

--

Replies

• zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ** bumping **

5'4
    130lbs
    and eating similar amounts and not losing... think ive been eating to low a calories for too long...

x
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Macros look pretty good to me. I can't answer the question about reverse dieting, as I know nothing about it.

You should know, though, that whatever metabolic damage you think you have done, if you were eating at a calorie deficit, you would not be gaining weight.

I think you're making this harder than it has to be. For weight loss, just keep track of your calories stay at a deficit.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's per week, not per day, for the carbs, but I'm bumping in case anyone on my FL can help, because I don't know anything about reverse dieting. If you want help for filling out your diary, this is a great example for IIFYM.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    That looks fine.

The idea with RD is to very slowly raise calories, carbs etc over time to allow your body to adjust so it's probably 10g per week rather than per day.

No need to get obsessed with the numbers though - just keep following the underlying principle of slowly and consistently over time.