For all you New Years Resolutioners

Options
START NOW

For everyone planning a major change for a resolution in 2014-- I wish you all the very best luck, and this one bit of advice: start now.

If your resolution is a big one, say, going to the gym 5 times a week, then see if you can go three times a week from now until new years. If you're resolving to count calories and eat at a deficit, just start counting calories. Build up those habits, and get the added bonus of knowing what your baseline is.

And if you're doing a simple one-- cutting out or down on soda, for instance, why not just start now?

I'm sure there are people on here who set out to make a major change and never once broke their resolve, but for us mere mortals, the more practice you get, the more you work on building those habits and getting back on them even if you slip, the easier it gets.

And I imagine most people who have lost can identify with wondering why they didn't start sooner. So, make your future self happy: make today the day you start on (or get back on!) that path.

Good luck!

Replies

• ril0riley
    ril0riley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Erp, maybe this should have gone in Motivation and Support, but hopefully it reaches at least some of you out there
  • Waggoner83
    Waggoner83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great advice!