Big difference in weight every day

Options
Hey,

I have a question/problem. One day I weighed myself (in the morning) and it said I weighed 61.5 kilos, which would mean I had gained weight. The day after though, I weighed again and then suddenly I was only 57.9 kilos, a huge difference!
How can these differences be so big? And which one is `true` or should I count as true? The lowest one, the highest one or should I middle them?

I know it might be the water my body is retaining but it is still confusing to me.

Replies

• rachelkharr
    Options
    It's probably just water weight. How much sodium do you consume? Some days you may consume a lot and retain more water and others you might flush it all out. Along with losing/gaining weight that can play a factor in your fluctuations. I'm kind of having this confusion also, but I just assume its my sodium levels.
  • dancephysics
    Options
    You weight can change randomly from day to day. Many different things could be causing it, including water, time of the month, Jupiter in the 5th house, etc. This is why it is recommended to most people to only weigh once a week. I like to weigh and record once a day. I don't concern myself if my weight went up or down, I just put it into MFP. I have a downward trend, so I must be doing something right. You can average your loss over the whole 7 days to find your loss for that week.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You weight can change randomly from day to day. Many different things could be causing it, including water, time of the month, Jupiter in the 5th house, etc. This is why it is recommended to most people to only weigh once a week. I like to weigh and record once a day. I don't concern myself if my weight went up or down, I just put it into MFP. I have a downward trend, so I must be doing something right. You can average your loss over the whole 7 days to find your loss for that week.

Jupiter in the fifth house. classic.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    This is what I do. Ignore tom week for sanity purposes. Also bear in mind you will store water for repair after working out.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations based on what you ate the day before among other factors, and your scale is likely less than accurate.

Rigger
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is what I do. Ignore tom week for sanity purposes. Also bear in mind you will store water for repair after working out.

THIS! I gained 4 during my TOM ... smh

Yep I just do once a week (OR LESS if possible but i have to look at least once a week) ... the actually weight of the food that is in your stomach counts too ...

50540473.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    upwards of 5-10 lbs (10 being on the very heavy side obviously) fluctuation is pretty common.

relax.