Remember this when you reach for the Halloween candy

kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
•5 miniature Milky Way chocolate bars or two fun size bags of M&M's, 190 calories:
•You'll need 28 minutes of an aerobic fitness class

•4 miniature Snickers chocolate bars, 170 calories:
• You'll need a brisk walk with the dog for 50 minutes

•7 miniature Three Musketeers chocolate bars, 170 calories:
•You'll need to swim for 22 minutes

•An 8 ounce cup of apple cider, 165 calories:
•You'll need 20 minutes on the rowing machine

•3 miniature Twix chocolate bars, 150 calories:
•You'll need to run at a moderate to strong pace for 10 minutes, or jog for 20 minutes

•20 pieces of candy corn, 150 calories:
•You'll need to hit the stair climber in the gym for 25 minutes

•1 piece of licorice, 70 calories:
•You'll need 25 minutes of yoga

Doesn't make it so appetizing anymore, does it!

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    :bigsmile: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :bigsmile:
    for posting this!! there is a huge bag of candy bars in the break room today that somebody had left over at home..... :noway: they were calling my name, but not anymore!!!! They are not worth it!!!:noway:
    I really needed this today, so thanks again!!!!!
    Stac :flowerforyou:
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    just take one starbust and suck on it for a while. One starbust is 20 calories.
  • kmmschaefer
    kmmschaefer Posts: 82 Member
    No remember this : the average chocolate bar has over 1500 insect parts in it. !! Enjoy!!
  • Why eat 4 and 5 SERVINGS of an item. Why not one??? Then it isn't so bad. May not be healthiest of foods. But, it helps with the chocolate craving. AND it works into my daily calorie intake.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    I've been fighting the Halloween candy that's in my house allllll day. It's been calling for me - but I haven't given in... yet!! LOL! I opted for a fat free yogurt for a snack instead (coconut cream - mmmmm!) and I've been guzzling the water.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    No remember this : the average chocolate bar has over 1500 insect parts in it. !! Enjoy!!

Yummy!!! Chocolate covered grasshoppers
  • No remember this : the average chocolate bar has over 1500 insect parts in it. !! Enjoy!!

ewwww :sick:
  • I say enjoy it!!!! but moderation is the key!!!! if u can have a few pieces go for it.
  • No remember this : the average chocolate bar has over 1500 insect parts in it. !! Enjoy!!
    Bah... if more people knew the FDA allowances for foreign particles the food industry would collapse.

Heck, you don't even have to eat the food... I read somewhere that the people on average eat 12 spiders during their lifetime while they sleep.
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member

Eeewwww really? I never heard of that before lol! Although I have heard about peanut butter having the same issues yuck!
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Heck, you don't even have to eat the food... I read somewhere that the people on average eat 12 spiders during their lifetime while they sleep.

That explains the Funny Taste in my mouth when I wake up LOL
  • Why eat 4 and 5 SERVINGS of an item. Why not one??? Then it isn't so bad. May not be healthiest of foods. But, it helps with the chocolate craving. AND it works into my daily calorie intake.

YUP! all in moderation! if you deny yourself you will have 4 or 5 instead of the 1. I do think the holidays will be hard this year with my Halloween sneak peek! I will get through it!!
    :sad:
  • I kept my son's favorites but took the rest to work today and let my coworkers have a free for all with it. We do not need all that mess in out house.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Why does it?

Exactly.
  • Dubby62
    Dubby62 Posts: 20 Member
    So glad that i did not indulge........I had my halo on the whole time. Thank-you for the info.It will make me think twice before i actually think i want something.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member

Hey, that's good protein right there! Muck it on down! :drinker:
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Bah... if more people knew the FDA allowances for foreign particles the food industry would collapse.

Yea, that is so true. I work at a food processing plant, and I was shocked that there even were FDA guidelines for how much bug parts and rodent feces can be in a given food product. Disgusting.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Those are some tasty insect parts. :P
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Why does it?

plant-based foods have a lot of bugs because the cocoa beans get all mixed up with bug parts and then ground up together. So does peanut butter, although I think the 1500 number is high, I think it's more in the few hundred range. If the FDA tried to eliminate all bugs from our food supply, well, let's just say it's impossible.
This discussion has been closed.