Plateau but pleased

I am currently stuck in a plateau but still working hard, staying on target and chuffed to bits with progress so far. I have recently upped my calories so hope to see a shift again soon. I have lost 43 pounds and have about the same again to go but so far, doing good.....

Started at 227lb in April
d6292185-f5a8-40f3-b731-b111acb45534.jpg

Currently at 184lb (photo a bit blurred unfortunately!)
PB090005.jpg

Replies

• kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    You look great! Way to go!!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Way to Go!!! Your tummy loss is very noticeable...gives me hope! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    WOW - you really lost it in all the right places! You look great, and congrats on the positive attitude.
  • You seemed to have kept the chest and lost the tummy. We should all be so lucky :-)

Seriously though, great job, you look awesome and the black dress is nice too.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you for your lovely comments guys, it means a lot x

I have lost a fair bit from my tummy.....I have gone from a 41 and a half inch waist to a 34 inch waist and now actually HAVE a waist!

As for the chest....my tummy used to stick out further than my bust as I was a 38 C/D but now my boobs have lost their substance so I wear a 34/36 padded C cup.

I read a post on here earlier about an article concerning 'what they don't tell you about weight loss' and sooooo recognised the issues with excess saggy skin, saggy boobs and stretch marks galore but am still sooooo much happier, even with all those issues.....it's amazing what padded bras, support briefs and a well fitting dress can do!

This photo was taken last night and I later spent three and a half hours dancing myself dizzy at a function at my hubby's golf club. 43lb ago, i couldn't have done that for an hour, never mind three and a half so........

anyone out there who wonders whether it is worth the effort.....don't give up, it is worth every moment!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    You look great and way toned. Just drink a lot of water, eat lots of vegetables and fresh fruits, natural fats like olive oil and avocado or peanut butter, apply stretch marks cream at boobs/belly/hips/thigh areas even if you do not have any stretch marks yet, and increase, change some of your exercise workouts so your body gets out of its routine.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    fantastic change! thanks for sharing!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    look at your waist!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Looking great! Keep up the awesome work :)
  • Alta2000
    It is funny, I was just thinking that you would look great now if you let the bangs grow. When I looked at your sister's top photo was kind of what I was thinking. Or like Angie Harmon http://www.rex-fox.com/wallpaper/angie-harmon/angie-harmon-2261.jpg
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Well done!
  • notdieting
    Thanks for the tips there Alta2000....I have added elliptical to my otherwise zumba only exercise routine now, have started eating my exercise calories, which I never did before, and am hoping this will get things moving. As for the stretch marks....and yes, I have millions, I have started taking oil baths in the hope it might help but I also feel i can live with all the devestation I have caused myself if I have to, I am still so much happier smaller.

And your comments on my bangs....I actually have long hair like my sister but tend to put it up to party otherwise I end up with it looking like sweaty rats tails!! I am dressed for a party in that picture and I'm proud to say we danced ALL night long, never missing a single song, just nipping off the dance floor to grab a mouthful of diet coke (in my case) or copious amounts of wine (in Kirsty's case! Lol!) and then back to the boogying. We danced our a*ses off for pretty much three and a half hours non stop and loved every minute!
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    First off I'd like to congratulate you on what an amazing job you have done, you have made fabulous success. GREAT JOB! Your title caught me, after spending some time here on MFP I have heard a lot of people talk about going through a plateau and at the time never really understood why our bodies do that. However I recently had the opportunity to sit with a very close friend of mine who happens to be a dietician at Mayo clinic. As we sat and talked about my issues and my goals we talked about why our bodies plateau when we are exercising and eating healthy. It's really awesome to learn the ins and outs of this stuff, so I wanted to share with you, our bodies begin to plateau because we are only meant to lose 5-10% of our body weight over a years time, when our bodies lose too much weight too fast it sends your metabolism all out of whack, you haven't given your metabolism proper time to catch up. It's not about the routine that you are doing as many people will suggest, you just need to give your body a little time. The suggestion is to still continue to do moderate exercising and eating healthy, to maintain your weight for 6 months. After that 6 months your metabolism will have caught up and in the mean time you are learning how to continue to learn to eat healthier on a more long term basis, this way we avoid losing all that weight and then letting go our good habits and gaining it back. After 6 months of maintaining you are supposed to start again, lower your calories some, work out a little harder and start losing weight. Wishing you look with the rest of your success.... You look amazing!
  • notdieting
    It is funny, I was just thinking that you would look great now if you let the bangs grow. When I looked at your sister's top photo was kind of what I was thinking. Or like Angie Harmon http://www.rex-fox.com/wallpaper/angie-harmon/angie-harmon-2261.jpg

PB230026.jpg
  • Alta2000
    It looks very nice. Some more ideas since you kind of remind me now of Stockard Channing, many ideas for bangs

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=stochard+channing&id=01FB0FB62DCC8F4A248C92D27800596CC6B5E405&FORM=IQFRBA
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!