short workouts.

Options
Does anybody have any ideas for really short workouts? I have a son with special needs so i only have maybe 5 minutes here and there. And sometimes 10-15. thank you :)

Replies

• SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Tabatas or Sprint 8. They're high intensity workouts that [supposedly] get great results in a short amount of time.

I recently started doing Tabatas but I think I'll switch to Sprint 8s because the recovery time between sets is greater.

Edited to add: Since I just incorporated these I havent seen any results yet to post but I have noticed an increase in cardio endurance and strength.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Jump rope or Jumping jacks. Even 5 min will wear you out. Also we have a pushup challenge going

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128418-go-team-october-hundred-push-up-challenge?page=4#posts-1779029

based on the site hundredpushups.com with rest times it takes me about 5-10 min
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are videos called 10 minutes to fit. They are 10 minute segments of different workouts. They are great for short time frames.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton has a 10 Minute Trainer set of videos that are a variety of cardio circuits to get your heart rate up in a short period of time. I have them and they're great if you need something fast. You can do 1or more at a time depending on your availability or do a couple throughout the day.

Good luck!
    Sharon
  • Duffyj
    Duffyj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises are excellent and don't require any equipment. YouTube has short (6 min) bodyweight workout videos that can give you ideas.
  • healthcounts
    Options
    hope fully you have On Demand. There is a wide variety of workouts to fit any style or time limit. It is in the Fitness/ Workout selection on the main menu. You can choose anything you like, it is safe and fun. On the weekend when I have 10 -20 minutes to myself I click one or maybe two workouts. It is really helpful and I feel great. It is free and I can wear what I have on with out all the fuss. Good stress buster to have a little mini walk , then a quick ab work out and a light stretch. I really enjoy taking yoga and the days I do not have class I do at home on my mat. I have a breathing exercise to start, starting with one. I gently count to seven with each in and out cycle. Then I gradually do poses that fit my energy level and mood. I do not push if I do not feel like it. I make it as simple as I can. There are good books and videos to do beginners yoga in short sessions.
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you...