WOMEN ONLY HELP!

Options
Help! I am having severe cramps today and need suggestions! I don't think I can do my 2 mile walk in the shape I am in. I took 4 ibprofin and they have not budged! I cannot take Midol- I am allergic. ANY suggestions to make this go away would be GREATLY appreciated! :embarassed:

Replies

• tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Help! I am having severe cramps today and need suggestions! I don't think I can do my 2 mile walk in the shape I am in. I took 4 ibprofin and they have not budged! I cannot take Midol- I am allergic. ANY suggestions to make this go away would be GREATLY appreciated! :embarassed:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    A warm bath usually works!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    LOTS of water......

When I am really crampy I fill up on water.....also if you can apply heat to your abdomen it helps too.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    WOW..I would think the ibu would help...I read./heard potassium is supposed to help with cramps...got any banana handy?
    Also, try some tea

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
    Kim
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try putting a heating pad on your stomach and lie down. The heat will help alot.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i usually drink hot water and then lie down, it'll help!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    make sure you are getting your water in, and if you have a hot-pad or a rice-pack that you can heat in the microwave, that may help by laying on it, or by you laying down and letting it rest on your pelvic area. i would skip the walk, for sure.. take it easy today.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you can also piggy-back tylenol and ibuprofen.. my doctor has told me to do this before. take your ibuprofen, then two hours later take the tylenol.. then 2 hours after that, the ibuprofen again.. etc. they are completely different formularies, so you won't be harming yourself.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs and I agree w/ all the advice above....each has worked for me on different occasions, but there are other times where nothing works:grumble: ...maybe lying down and just relaxing w/ the heating pad and the ibu are the best at curing or lessening my cramps which can be omg...horrible...but keep trying hon...and good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
    hugs and hope you feel better...as you well know...this too shall pass:ohwell: !
    ali
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I used a hot water bottle and scrunched up in a ball. Lay with your arms wrapped around your bent knees (if you're bendy like that), and try to relax. Apply the hot water bottle intermittently to both your groin and your lower back. Hope you feel better, hun.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen definitely helps with the muscular pain. Take one!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i know you said that you don't think you can do your walk today, but if that ibprofen starts to kick in, try to make it on that walk. working out (even a little bit) always makes me feel so much better! also, watch your sodium levels today and the next few days. i figured out this past month that it's my sodium that usually does it to me during my TOM. try eating whole, unprocessed foods for the next few days
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    When you have cramps you should eat more potassium... try a banana :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    depends on the cramps your talking about

PMS cramps..... I just workout i mean beat my butt what's funny is they usually go away or my period gets done quicker :laugh: sorry that is what I do

a bath is always good or a warm rag if you wish.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    depends on the cramps your talking about

PMS cramps..... I just workout i mean beat my butt what's funny is they usually go away or my period gets done quicker :laugh: sorry that is what I do

a bath is always good or a warm rag if you wish.

yeah, that usually helps mine as well- mine are usually fairly debilitating, but I find if I push through the pain and make myself workout anyway, after a nice hot shower I'm usually feeling better.

Hope your cramps go away soon!