My Protein is to high but I'm hypoglycemic

Options
According to MFP I am going over in the protein category every day. Today over by 33. But I learned a long time ago not to eat my carbs "naked" because I am hypoglycemic. Sure some of you will have a field day with that statement but if I eat, lets say whole grain rice, without a protein I can barely keep my eyes open. Add to that I am having a hard time getting all the calories in I need. So what do I eat that won't make proteins or sugars go up. I eat a lot of vege's but they don't add much in calories.

Feeling frustrated.

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to limit your protein intake, I wouldn't worry about going over your protein goal. The protein goal that MFP assigns is generally thought of as a minimum anyway, so it's fine to max it out. My protein goal is 109, and although I rarely hit it, I always aim for at least 80 grams.
  • jessewynn77
    jessewynn77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Unless you're worried about missing out on nutrients from carbs, I wouldn't worry about it. Many MFP users recommend eating double the "recommended" protein intake, anyways. I always go over by 50% or so (I'm also hypoglycemic) with no ill effects.
  • tamivroma
    Options
    Awesome!!! I didn't know if that meant I would hang onto more weight or what. Now I need to get my sugars down!!! A thing of 0% Chobani yogurt has 19 grams of sugar in it! I am going to try and get some plain and add my own fruit. I do eat some carbs but I make sure they are whole grains.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I didn't know if that meant I would hang onto more weight or what. Now I need to get my sugars down!!! A thing of 0% Chobani yogurt has 19 grams of sugar in it! I am going to try and get some plain and add my own fruit. I do eat some carbs but I make sure they are whole grains.

The sugars in milk, whole fruit and vegetables are not really a bad thing unless you've been advised by doctors to eliminate them. The yogurt has lots of nutritional value - and protein, so don't stop eating the yogurt - just choose plain yogurt (without fruit).