Protein, snack, Fiber One bars?

Options
Ok guys I have this nagging question in me. I have bought Fiber One brownies, Special K Pastry Crisps and Granola bars. If they are low in sugar and calories - are they good for snacks??? What are some other snacks that you can eat throughout the day to keep you full?

Replies

• swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    I love Banana's and Sweet Potato, it makes you feel full longer than other snacks and its low in calorie as well.
  • savannah31548
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One High Protein Caramel Nut bars for an in between meal protein boost. I also eat Dannon Light and Fit 2x protein Greek yogurt and Breakstone's 2% Fat Cottage Cheese. Really depends on the work schedule and what time of day it is.

Bananas are filling but if you are watching your carbs, one medium sized yellow banana has 27g of carbs alone, plus 105g calories. And sweet potatoes are in the same boat where one 5" long raw sweet potatoe has about 26g carbs and 112g calories.

I tend to weigh the positives and negatives of the nutritional information.

I have friends who like to eat roasted nuts as well. Oh, I also eat the Weight Watchers string cheese for the vitamin D, calcium, and protein.

I use this as a good research tool:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I have this nagging question in me. I have bought Fiber One brownies, Special K Pastry Crisps and Granola bars. If they are low in sugar and calories - are they good for snacks??? What are some other snacks that you can eat throughout the day to keep you full?
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    No they are absolutely off limits.... They will jeopardize your weight loss!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

In the beginning I did use these. But they never kept me full and I found them just to be a waste of calories. I like: Greek Yogurt, Low-Fat Cheese, Fruit, Quest Bars, Boiled Eggs, Oatmeal, Veggies (I don't eat enough of those though), nuts

I try to find things with high fiber and/or protein to get the most bang for my calories.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No they are absolutely off limits.... They will jeopardize your weight loss!!!

This is so FALSE.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in your calorie goal, it's fine! I have them occasionally. They just don't really fill me up for the calories, so it's a once in a while thing.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in your calorie goal, it's fine! I have them occasionally. They just don't really fill me up for the calories, so it's a once in a while thing.

^^ this.

They won't hurt anything if they fit your targets. I just don't find them very satisfying for the amount of calories.
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options

^^ this.

They won't hurt anything if they fit your targets. I just don't find them very satisfying for the amount of calories.

I agree, I always manage to have 800 cal per day highest is 1200... but i do 30 min tae bo which burn around 300 and drink a lot of water...about 3 to 4 liters a day, though my weight loss is not that fast, but I do get around 1 to 2.5 lbs per week. Just dont want to loss too much so that I will not get tired easily and still get the right nutrients my body needs for the day...

Theres no problem whatever snack you really prefer, as long as you dont get over your caloric intake. :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars give me the toots. I prefer the cereal, it doesn't bother me like the bars do. The Special K bars are like candy bars to me, super sweet, and really do nothing for my hunger.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the ingredient list of those bars. I prefer Quest bars or Rise + protein bars.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I will eat a fiber one bar to keep me regular once in a while,but I just dont think they are filling.

If your looking for other snack options: that I recommend
    Cottage Cheese - the protein takes longer to digest so it keep you satisfied longer
    Low fat string cheese
    low fat low sodium pretzels
    unfrosted shredded wheat cereal
    pickles
    gala apples (not high sugar honeycrisp)
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    QUEST BARS!!!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I personally love the Fiber One bars. The brownies and the protein bars that they have as a snack. They satisfy my sweet tooth, they are quick to grab, and generally low in calories.

My other favorite snacks:
    Dry cereal
    Air pop popcorn
    cucumbers with hot sauce

If I'm burning a ton of calories I will have a pure protein bar as a snack - that's close to 200 calories and 24 g of protein. While it's not bad, considering I know I'm a snacker, I usually try to keep my snacks at 100 calories or less and will eat a bar as my "main" part of lunch (don't worry - I eat PLENTY of calories every day lol)

Do what works for you. yes, there are processed ingredients, but sometimes they are easy, tasty, and low cal. And you do need your fiber :)
  • ajkolb
    ajkolb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein bars are of the highest quality. Also, snack on hard-boiled eggs, rice cakes with natty pb or almond butter. It also really depends on your daily calories and macros. I eat a Quest bar with a hard boiled egg every afternoon. I have my meals and macros planned out weekly though, according to my lifting days.