beer and french fries but staying under 1500 calories a day

Options
I have finally sworn off triple cheeseburgers for the time being, however can I eat what I want to as long as i stay under 1500 calories a day, I mean french fries small for lunch and dinner but still havng my 5 beers, I do this every couple of days while working the weekends are harder I may just have french fries for lunch and 6-7 beers for dinner, is this possible as long as it under 1500 cals a day...

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You basically want to eat only 1500 calories of French fries and beer? I suppose you'll lose weight that way, but your body composition will most likely suck and you'll feel crappy.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    it's a good way to lose weight unhealthily and increase the fat, I guess? A day or two like that and my skin, hair, digestive system, metabolism and sobriety would suffer noticeable.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sure, do it
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I mean, you will have a calorie deficit, but you'll probably have a nutrient and general health deficit too...
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it... but you will probably find that if you keep it up long term, your nutrition will suffer. There's no harm in including french fries and beer in your diet (I do it!), but I wouldn't make them the majority of your diet, because your body needs more macro and micro-nutrients than french fries and beer can offer you. I say, try to eat a more balanced diet and make a little room for the french fries and beer.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an airtight, solid plan. There is no possible way you can go wrong with it. :noway:
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just round up to 10 beers a day and scale back on the fries? Time to step up your game if you want to really see an improvement.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Besides feeling like crap, you will also be really hungry.
  • threehorses9
    threehorses9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thats what I say too... who needs food anyway.. 10 beers and take one a day vitamins.. thats the ticket... thanks pal...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Drop to 1200 and supersize on fries fella!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Beer and French Fries. The BFF diet!

Hey, BFF IIFYM!
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Very unhealthy, routine consumption of alcohol and non-nutritive foods lead to diseases such as: anemia, cardiovascular disease, liver disease and cirrhosis, anemia, dementia, depression, seizures, gout, high blood pressure, infectious diseases, Vitamin deficiency, nerve damage (including but not limited to erectile dysfunction), pancreatitis, and brain damage. I suggest talking to your doctor about treatment for alcoholism. No one can survive well on french fries and beer, no matter how many calories they consume. Please, talk to someone about this.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    Okay; If you are gonna do this; at least be reasonable... Steak, beer and french fries. Just steak and beer... 2lbs of steak and fill up all carbs with beer.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    LOL in for the amusing comments.
    :noway:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it... but you will probably find that if you keep it up long term, your nutrition will suffer. There's no harm in including french fries and beer in your diet (I do it!), but I wouldn't make them the majority of your diet, because your body needs more macro and micro-nutrients than french fries and beer can offer you. I say, try to eat a more balanced diet and make a little room for the french fries and beer.

Yeah, this.

Maybe get some exercise each day that will allow you to have 1-3 beers? Not every single day. But a couple of times a week.

And eat french fries a couple of times a week, too, but along with something like salad, roasted vegetables, chicken breast, fish, etc..

I think that sort of moderate approach will probably satisfy you the most without sacrificing your health, energy, etc.
  • Letje_Lux
    Options
    I can almost guarantee that you will binge at night after your beers. You'll still be starving and your self control will be nil.

Besides, even if you could stick with it, you'd lose a bunch of muscle and get skinny fat and bloated. Not a good look.

Plus your liver would be very sad.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Vodka has fewer calories than beer. If you switch to shots you could eat more french fries and maybe occasionally still have room left to splurge on a few bites of a burger.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I have finally sworn off triple cheeseburgers for the time being, however can I eat what I want to as long as i stay under 1500 calories a day, I mean french fries small for lunch and dinner but still havng my 5 beers, I do this every couple of days while working the weekends are harder I may just have french fries for lunch and 6-7 beers for dinner, is this possible as long as it under 1500 cals a day...
    I think you should just switch to beer batter fries and simplify...
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    in some strange way i find this post extremely refreshing :) Yes OP you CAN do it, but over time your health will suffer, unfortunately ;(
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I mean, you will have a calorie deficit, but you'll probably have a nutrient and general health deficit too...

YEP!

But hey, I love beer and fries BFF diet here I come?!??!?!

50540473.png