Having a wobble - looking for supportive friends!

Options
Hello MFPers. I've been here 6 weeks properly and have had good weeks and bad weeks, but so far this week I'm having a bit of a wobble. There seem to be Pringles in the house and my willpower is cracking. I still want to lose weight and I'm trying, but just looking for some encouraging friends really. I've already got some fab friends on here but they hardly ever seem to put a foot wrong so I feel a bit inferior because I'm not perfect. Argh!

:)

Replies

• BlindHog25
    BlindHog25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the salty / crunchy cravings, especially at night. Are you eating enough and a balanced diet throughout the day? Once I adjusted my diet and made sure I was eating a balance with small amounts of carbs and a little bit of salt the night time salty /crunchy cravings went away. My thought is a little cheat here and there is ok if it helps you get to your end goal.

Still need motivation on the Pringles??? Google Acrylamide+Pringles. My wife refuses to buy them any more!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I'm so glad that you posted here about your 'wobble. All is NOT lost!
    Over-indulging in Pringles for one day, one week does NOT require you
    to throw over your new lifestyle. It takes 3500 excess calories
    to gain a pound if new fat. The saltiness, however, could cause you to retain water,
    which weighs one pound per pint. Just log in the quantity you eat, and write about it in your blog.
    And then, drink a lot of water to flush out your system.

If the Pringles are your personal property you could:
    1) crush them, then flush them away;
    2) never buy them again, because they are a treat you cannot have around.

I follow the Paleo lifestyle, which sanctions the consumption of fats.
    So, I satisfy my salty/fatty/crunchy urges with fried pork rinds,
    which also have protein! I use the pork rinds to scoop up
    chunky medium-hot salsa, which is low-carb. Sometimes I can count it
    as a meal, since the calorie count is high.

Chin up! Best wishes!
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    I eat what I want in moderation. Don't fully deprive yourself.
  • Michealwho
    Michealwho Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you have a craving for something, eat it but be in control of it.

Prior starting this process I eat a muffin in the morning with my coffee and then something bad at lunch and a few little treats in between. By the time dinner came around I'd already eaten enough calories for 2 days.

I focus on having as many good days in a row as I can, but stuff happens and sometimes you just want to have something a bit bad. I factor everything into my diary and if I go over my calories, meh, I just get back on the horse tomorrow.

If I wanted Pringles, I would have them, but only a few, not the whole container :)
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have learned that it helps if I count out or weigh a portion put it on a plate put away the bag/can and eat and the snack. I will never last if I deprive myself, I have done that in the past and failed. I really want to succeed this time.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am far from perfect but I'm pretty consistent and super supportive :). I find what helps my cravings is just knowing I would have to log it. I feel so embarrassed when I see that glaring red number. That being said... Pringles are yummy. Eat one!