2 months with MFP and down 20lbs (with PCOS)

Options
46e17154-791f-4dad-a9d6-43abda0a0ea0_zps6d30c923.jpg

1b4317dc-bd67-40ec-9431-ea118e511259_zpsa2f549f9.jpg

this is the starting pic before working out and really tracking 258

709073cd-5465-4b2c-9e07-8722161bf113_zps6f02208f.jpg

7fa4e545-59c5-4694-8e43-1b9d78ef0576_zps4961e9e8.jpg

This is the pic from today.

Does anyone see a difference?
I can sure feel a difference in my clothes.

Any others out there battling PCOS and having success? It is slow, but I feel better.

Replies

• nnelson33
    Options
    Awesome work! I can totally tell :)

Yes, I have PCOS and have been successful. Almost down 60 lbs and about 5 from my goal weight! Congrats on your hard work and remember NEVER GIVE UP. Losing weight with PCOS is extremely difficult and can be really discouraging. There were definite times of when I doubted that I could do it, but I feel like I've come out on the other side of it now. I don't look like a Victoria's Secret model, but I promise it is TOTALLY worth it!!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it is definately not an "easy" process, but I have decided that this isn't a quick fix. This is a lifestyle change :)
  • nikki6_2002
    nikki6_2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go, yes I can see a big change happening. Good on you. I have PCOS too and know that we can find it harder to drop that weight than others. Keep up the good work, you WILL get there
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Way to go, yes I can see a big change happening. Good on you. I have PCOS too and know that we can find it harder to drop that weight than others. Keep up the good work, you WILL get there

What's PCOS?
  • jennipooh0324
    Options
    PCOS= Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.
    Really messes up everything (cycle and hormones) and makes it very difficult to conceive.
    With it, people are normally insulin resistant too.

these things combined make it difficult to lose the weight. But I am not going to let it stop me this time.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful!! But you're doing an amazing job!!!
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see the difference!! Well done!!!!
  • jennipooh0324
    Options
    thanks everyone.

I know this weekend will be a challenge. A girls shopping weekend planned, which means alot of eating out

Good thing that there is a gym there.
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i have pcos and seeing your story makes me have hope again, what are doing as a meal plan or for exercise. yes you can see a difference, keep up the great work.
  • You can REALLY see it through your middle and your arms. You should really be proud of yourself
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. Noticeable difference :)
  • jennipooh0324
    Options
    I have "opened" my diary up to anyone that would like to see it.

I have found many new things that I like to do, jogging, zumba, aqua aerobics, all things I wouldn't have done before.

feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see the difference. Good job
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic start!! Well done!! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    I also have pcos! I'm very discouraged about losing weight:(. I hope some day in the near future I can say I'm 20lbs down!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yes, there is a noticeable difference in the pics. I can only imagine how the it feels. You should be so stoked!

I have pcos as well.... the irregular cycles, hirsutism, and my fav.... the pcos tummy. I'm determined to turn this around through nutrition and exercise. You just proved that it is possible.
  • jennipooh0324
    Options
    Wow, I never thought of myself being an inspiration to others.That alone has given me the ambition and motivation to KEEP GOING, even though it is slow
  • jennipooh0324
    Options
    For some reason the scale hasn't moved for me in 2 weeks.
    Not going to let is discourage me, but it sure is nice when you see the numbers drop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!