500 CALORIES/DAY pros and cons??

Options

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm hardpressed to think of a single pro.

Its "average" ;)

I'm glad to see that you're at least consistent about throwing out stuff that don't relate to the topic.

'It's average" doesn't even make sense in this context.

No but it makes sense when it comes to u :laugh:

Yo Dawg, I heard you like trolling, so I'm trolling on you trolling on a troll.

Its personal conflict between myself and my good friend achrya . Don't mess with DEM average people
    Don't be trolling me trolling on a troll who trolls the trolls .
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Thread's a dime.

ETA: Not.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm hardpressed to think of a single pro.

Its "average" ;)

I'm glad to see that you're at least consistent about throwing out stuff that don't relate to the topic.

'It's average" doesn't even make sense in this context.

No but it makes sense when it comes to u :laugh:

:yawn:

You're still trying so hard.

I'm not sure I'd call whatever you think is going on a conflict. At least, I've had better.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Go for it. :) It's two days, you won't die. The unsupportive people, replying to this, are truly characteristic of MFPs wonderful and welcoming community.:tongue:

Facepalm - It's because we are helping.

Putting down someone for their diet choices instead of offering new alternatives, how helpful.

Encouraging their incredibly unhealthy and unrealistic diet plan and telling them to 'go for it', how helpful.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones that's the answer
  • Letje_Lux
    Options
    It won't hurt you, but the biggest risk is triggering a binge.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt you, but the biggest risk is triggering a binge.

Ill say this simply

Rather shut up
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @OP :yawn:
    what no cat gifs yet? Ok, I'll pop back later...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    500 calories, I have meals bigger than that. Or at least just under....
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Con? I'd be done before lunch because I easily and often eat that much for breakfast.

Exceedingly bad idea.

No detox. No jumpstart.

All pros, no cons in this: Eat real food in the proper amounts to fuel your body. Exercise. Drink water. Take rest days. Get good sleep. Repeat.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Why not eat 250 calories under maintenance and cut carbs while drinking a lot of water? Following binges with semi-starvation can lead to established disordered eating which is a cycle that's very hard to break.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OP has only 7 posts, no information, no friends and no photo......kinda says it all folks.........I guess schools out early this year.........
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Go for it. :) It's two days, you won't die. The unsupportive people, replying to this, are truly characteristic of MFPs wonderful and welcoming community.:tongue:

so if your logic is correct

Telling the Truth and concerned for the wellbeing of others = unsupportive/ bully
    Lying, sugar coating, hand holding = supportive/ friendly

how does that make any sense?
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You'll save a ton of $ on groceries
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    "There are plenty of diets which recommend detox before starting a diet plan. "

I would not recommend going so low on calories hun. Every detox or juice fast that I have ever done was no less than 1200/day.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    1z2hc1h.jpg
  • rosemary98
    Options
    Just curious...many people are saying the OP won't lose any fat from doing 2 days at 500 calories. However, if her maintenance intake is 2000 calories (for example), wouldn't that put her at a 3000 calorie deficit...rendering her nearly a pound lost? I am not advocating that, but 2 days doesn't seem too extreme.

edited...i said pounds when i meant calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just curious...many people are saying the OP won't lose any fat from doing 2 days at 500 pounds. However, if her maintenance intake is 2000 calories (for example), wouldn't that put her at a 3000 calorie deficit...rendering her nearly a pound lost? I am not advocating that, but 2 days doesn't seem too extreme.

but that wont automatically be fat lost...
  • rosemary98
    Options
    Just curious...many people are saying the OP won't lose any fat from doing 2 days at 500 pounds. However, if her maintenance intake is 2000 calories (for example), wouldn't that put her at a 3000 calorie deficit...rendering her nearly a pound lost? I am not advocating that, but 2 days doesn't seem too extreme.

but that wont automatically be fat lost...

why? and i am not trying to be dense. I understand if people take laxatives, they will feel thinner and weigh less...but it will be ALL water loss (zero fat loss). But in this scenario, she is actually cutting her calories...so wouldn't her body go to her fat reserves to compensate?
  • Jkn922
    Jkn922 Posts: 74
    Options
    If you want your hair to go along with your weight you'll be on the right track.

Don't do it.
This discussion has been closed.