List 4 things your pets/kids will do when you get home?

Options
Hi Guys

Fantastic thread yesterday to my other question
List 4 things you must first do when you get home?
So here we go again, this time list the four things your
Pets/kids will do when you walk in the door, mine are...

1, All four dogs have a tail wagging contest
2, Elvis jumps up and hits me in the nuts every time
3, Teddie the old one starts barking as if he is a puppy again
4, Eddie rolls straight onto his back and if to say there is that
belly now come give it a rub, you know you want to lol

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Haha! I was noticing a trend yesterday in the pet/kids department.

For me:

1. Lily (pomeranian) will pop up from all the pillows on the couch and bound over to me
    2. Fernando (chiweenie) will come running down the stairs while crying excitedly
    3. Lily will hop up and down on her hind legs while I latch a leash onto Fernando's collar
    4. Go to hook her collar to leash.... Lily pees.... we go outside with me grumbling
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I don't have pets myself but when I go visit my mother her cat runs like a mad man and hides whenever he can. He doesnt do that with other people, even strangers. I used to abuse poor thing like 15 years ago when I was little. :/

Ok, 5 things?
    1. Run
    2. Hide
    3. Lurk at me with big black eyes
    4. Make threatening sounds when I approach
    5. Then run some more.

Man I was crazy kid... :/
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No pets, just kids who always remind me of how little chicks behave when their mommy returns back to the nest. The chicks are bouncing around, chirping very loudly with necks outstretched demanding food. This is like my little chicks :happy:

1. As soon I step in the door, there they both are, necks out stretched asking me "when's dinner"!
    2. Then they rush back to the TV room so as not to miss too much of the programme they were watching.
    3. Pop back to the kitchen, just to check I am actually in the kitchen and starting dinner!
    4. Ask for a biscuit!

:grumble: "NO, dinner's on the way" :grumble:
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    I walk in 1rst and I get the cutest butt wiggle then he jumps on the arm if the couch still doing the butt wiggle so he falls off. Next he spots my husband and does the same thing for him. Last step is a big wet kiss. This is the best part of my day.
    Oh did I mention this is my pup Nichol no kids here :happy:
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    With 2 dogs and 2 kids it usually goes like this..

1. One dog meets me at the door dancing around like she has not seen me in day.
    2. Oldest child starts hammering away with questions about what can he do because he is bored..
    3. Second dog strolls out for a little rubbing and then all of a sudden needs to eat, so she starts dancing around..
    4. Youngest child starts whining for supper because he is "starving to death".

All of this is happening while trying to get the door closed and shoes off my feet. Gotta luv coming home some days :)
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Just kids here.

1. Youngest will ask if he can watch a movie on my kindle
    2. Middle will ignore me completely as she is playing with her friend from next door
    3. Oldest will acknowledge my presence with "what are we doing tonight"
    4. I will try to get to the kitchen table to put purse down before any of this happens!
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1. Sh1ts on the floor (the dog not the kids)
    2. Asks me for *kitten* i cant give them (both the kids and dog)
    3. Eats all the food (both the kids and dog)
    4. Begs for more food (both the kids and dog)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No pets, just kids who always remind me of how little chicks behave when their mommy returns back to the nest. The chicks are bouncing around, chirping very loudly with necks outstretched demanding food. This is like my little chicks :happy:

1. As soon I step in the door, there they both are, necks out stretched asking me "when's dinner"!
    2. Then they rush back to the TV room so as not to miss too much of the programme they were watching.
    3. Pop back to the kitchen, just to check I am actually in the kitchen and starting dinner!
    4. Ask for a biscuit!

:grumble: "NO, dinner's on the way" :grumble:

^^ this......EXACTLY!! Also, my son will run towards me full force to get a hug and will usually head butt me by accident
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Two Bernese Mountain Dogs (no kids) here:

1. Compete to see who can get in the door first.
    2. Beau (who always wins the door competition), does a victory lap around the house.
    3. Kelsey (who always loses the door competition, but doesn't seem to care), does his version of jumping up, which is to leap at me sideways and hit me with his 90lb shoulder. There's a reason I call him my little linebacker.
    4. Settle down by the food bowls with that "feed me" "feed me" "feed me" looks of expectation on their faces.
  • clbortiz
    clbortiz Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Two pit bulls and a cat here:

1) get rushed at door by dogs beating me with their tails
    2) One runs to bedroom to grab a aqueeky toy then to living room to lay on floor and sqeek out her excitement that I'm home
    3) The other walks in front of me until I trip over her, then behind me with her nose against the back of my thigh until I open the back door
    4) The cat walks under foot until I go to the bathroom with her food bowl, then she ignores me the rest of the night until she is ready to cuddle
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs named: Acoria (Golden retriever) and Abby (A pointer terrier mix that looks like a jack russel)

1. Acoria stares out the main window waiting for me and jumps down from the recliner with a thump, Abby is too short and you can only see her ears over the grill in front of the window
    2. As I am unlocking the the door they both start howling like wild animals as to tell me to hurry up.
    3. I put the leashes on them, let them out and Acoria starts trying to play with Abby pulling the leash every which way. If I tell her no, she starts grabbing my sleeve and yanking on it dragging me around.
    4. They both get let off the leash when we get to the field and they get to run

5....We come back in and they both get half a bone for being good girls and going potty outside.
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The Bostons (Andy & Dotty) are crate-trained and stay there while we're at work, the little poodle (Molly) stays in our bedroom.

Before I even get the door unlocked, I can hear Dotty and Molly yappin. Get in the door, then:

1. Either pee and listen to Molly scratch and cry at our bedroom door, OR let her out and have her on my lap while I pee. :grumble: She sits on my leg with both back feet dangling over either side, and will give me kisses and lays her head down on it's side on my arm (it's a SUPER ADORABLE trick I taught her years ago)

2. Go in the office to let out Andy and Dotty. Molly positions herself by Andy's crate. I lift up his blanket, and he's usually licking the door (his LET ME OUT signal). I undo the latch, and they're off! He darts out the crate with Molly hot on his heels. He heads right for the food bowl. I lift up Dotty's blanket and she's ready! Open her crate, and she dashes into the kichen.

3. Fight through the mob to get to the back door to let them out. I usually end up stepping on at least 2 paws. Out they go (they're good with me, no need for leashes. My husband, he needs leashes :laugh: ) I have to TELL Dotty to go poopie, or she'll just do a tinkle and want to come back inside. Dotty's done first, and wants back in with no fooling around. Molly's done second, she wants to fool around, but will come running when I call for her. Andy takes his time, but will come back in on his own.

4. Feeding time! Molly first (she's Alpha), Andy next, then Dotty. I posted their eating routine/circus act in the other thread :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am really more concerned with what they are doing while I am gone. :laugh:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Pee
    Poop
    Eat
    Fight

And my dog wants out to avoid the craziness of my herd
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Kids:
    1. Ask questions.
    2. Ask questions.
    3. Make a mess.
    4. Ask questions.

Dog:
    1. Follow me around.
    2. Follow me around.
    3. Poop.
    4. Follow me around.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have no kids, just cats, and apparently "enthusiastic" isn't a part of their vocabulary. Assuming hubby isn't home the cats will:

1) Trot over to the sliding glass door and then turn and look at me to make sure I'm paying attention to the fact that they want OUT. NOW.

2) Stand in front of the empty dry food bowl and stare at me accusingly.

3) Yawn.

4) Ignore me.

(I love my cats, they can be VERY affectionate, but on their own terms. Like as soon as I sit down at the computer they suddenly realize that they are absolutely starved for attention...)
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1) My Golden retriever, Katie and Rescue Pitt Bull Bella will both be at the door barking, wagging, and sniffing me to no end until I demand they MOVE

2) My son usually walks in and says, "ello Mrs. Govna"

3) My daughter says, "what are you cooking"

4) The dogs follow me around until I pat their heads or give them some mushy talk
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My dog greets me at the door with her tail wagging furiously and I let her out.

She jumps on me to give me a hug which lasts several seconds. She just holds on for dear life. Sometimes I get a kiss, too.

Then I tell her to go pee, which she eventually does, after racing in circles around the cars in the driveway like a maniac.

Then in we go and the male cat starts meowing loudly for dinner. The female cat just paces by her bowl patiently, occasionally letting out a small mew.
  • princess_rikki13
    Options
    just cats

1 "meow meow meow meow" is all I"ll hear as soon as I get out of the elevator
    2 making me trip
    3 start climbing on me as soon as I stand still or sit down
    4 purrrrrrrrrrrr