My ex wants to make me jelaous - HELP!

Options
I don't know if I should post this here, so sorry if it's not the place to do it, im new to this whole forum thing... :$

So almost two and a half months ago me and my bf broke up. He was the one who decided to end the relationship, which I didn't want to but I respected his decision. These two months have been really hard for me because I still have feelings for him, but everyday it was getting better... I don't cry over him anymore, I don't find myself thinking about him as much as I used to, etc... But getting over him is not an option right now just yet... we're at the same college, we take the same classes, we have the same friends, and I'm 90% sure we'll end up graduating together.

For the past two weeks I've been noticing something weird in his behavior. He's been complimenting my best friend a lot, like A LOT, especially in front of me. He tells her she looks beautiful, that her hair looks amazing, that he loves the blouse she's wearing, that her makeup looks amazing, he offers her to pick her up to take her to college and stuff like that... Which is making me feel weird/angry/uncomfortable...

Also, he always tries to embarrass me in front of others, like I would say something and he's like: "WHAT? Did you just said "bla bla bla" (Something really really stupid) ?? and I'm like... "yeah sure, that would totally make sense with what I'm trying to explain :) " and I just keep talking...

I don't really know if he's IN FACT trying to make me jelaous or what, I just don't understand this behavior... I mean, Im trying to be diplomatic with this situation, and keep it cool... I'm minding my own business (I'm about to get a job, I started going to the gym, I just got my drivers license) and it's like he's annoyed by the fact that I'm moving on or what... I have no idea! So I really need your help because this is driving me insane and I just hate that feeling...

Any advice? What do you guys think?

Replies

• BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just ignore him and the things he says and move on with your life and make it great! That will just kill him. :wink:
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Y are you still hanging out with him?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Uhm, you should have broken ties with him right then and there.
    That's too much for one person to handle. Remove him from everything, avoid him. You don't need that mess in your life.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to him about the way his behavior makes you feel?
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Why do you even give a *kitten* if it is your EX?
  • itserikav
    Options
    As I explained in my post, I'm pretty much forced to see him everyday because we take classes together, so as much as I would like to avoid him I can't :S

I haven't talk about "us as a couple" with him since the day we broke up
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    As I explained in my post, I'm pretty much forced to see him everyday because we take classes together, so as much as I would like to avoid him I can't :S

Who said "you as a couple"? As two people in the same environment almost constantly, with similar peers, AND a history, have you mentioned to him at all that, "I've been feeling kind of bad when you make those comments about how I talk."
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    he wants to bang your best friend...
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should post this here, so sorry if it's not the place to do it, im new to this whole forum thing... :$

So almost two and a half months ago me and my bf broke up. He was the one who decided to end the relationship, which I didn't want to but I respected his decision. These two months have been really hard for me because I still have feelings for him, but everyday it was getting better... I don't cry over him anymore, I don't find myself thinking about him as much as I used to, etc... But getting over him is not an option right now just yet... we're at the same college, we take the same classes, we have the same friends, and I'm 90% sure we'll end up graduating together.

For the past two weeks I've been noticing something weird in his behavior. He's been complimenting my best friend a lot, like A LOT, especially in front of me. He tells her she looks beautiful, that her hair looks amazing, that he loves the blouse she's wearing, that her makeup looks amazing, he offers her to pick her up to take her to college and stuff like that... Which is making me feel weird/angry/uncomfortable...

Also, he always tries to embarrass me in front of others, like I would say something and he's like: "WHAT? Did you just said "bla bla bla" (Something really really stupid) ?? and I'm like... "yeah sure, that would totally make sense with what I'm trying to explain :) " and I just keep talking...

I don't really know if he's IN FACT trying to make me jelaous or what, I just don't understand this behavior... I mean, Im trying to be diplomatic with this situation, and keep it cool... I'm minding my own business (I'm about to get a job, I started going to the gym, I just got my drivers license) and it's like he's annoyed by the fact that I'm moving on or what... I have no idea! So I really need your help because this is driving me insane and I just hate that feeling...

Any advice? What do you guys think?

My take? Try to sit away from him in classes and avoid being in social situations with him. I never have understood the whole "let's be friends" thing. Cut every tie you can...

It's hard to "forget" when someone is always there...
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I also tend to think this is probably the case. Guys are somewhat shallow...compliments are usually a subterfuge for "How YOU doin'?"
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Then get a rebound guy. You'll be fine.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to see him in class. But you are the one deciding to still interact with him. You are sitting and listening to him compliment your best friend. If he does something that is upsetting you, remove yourself from the situation. Walk away.

I would think any mutual friends would understand and, if they don't, obviously they picked him in the break up and you need to find new friends.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    questioning why your best friend is taking these rides or allowing him to do this in front of you...a good friend would ignore him as well and let him know shes not interested. If she's accepting of it and what not..i wouldn't be surprised if they have something going on behind your back..in which case id drop them both.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes you two do have a lot in common but you don't have to interact. Ignore him and move on.

Also, that girl is not a true friend ..
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'd try and stay as far away from him as possible, and although that may not always be possible keep reminding yourself that you can and will get over him, and he is not the guy for you. In fact his response is pretty pathetic - it sounds to me like he is jealous that you have got good stuff in your life and you are obviously moving on, and so he is trying to knock you back.

I have luckily never been in the position where I've had to see an ex much after breaking up, but I can imagine what is happening right now is heartbreaking. Keep reminding yourself you don't need someone so pathetic in your life, avoid him if you can, and if not then just hang in there until you graduate and you can be completely rid of him.

Good luck!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    questioning why your best friend is taking these rides or allowing him to do this in front of you...a good friend would ignore him as well and let him know shes not interested. If she's accepting of it and what not..i wouldn't be surprised if they have something going on behind your back..in which case id drop them both.

This.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

Apparently she didn't like the advice!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I also tend to think this is probably the case. Guys are somewhat shallow...compliments are usually a subterfuge for "How YOU doin'?"

Yeah, he wants to do the no pants dance.

Best off sleeping with HIS best friend. Also, tell your best friend up front to shoot him down now, or face your *****y wrath.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Y are you still hanging out with him?

THIS