Am I on the Scrapheap??

Options
scorpiotwinkles
scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
Married for over 30 years. Now I am not. I went to the gym 18 months ago. Lost all this weight. Changed as a person (apparently!) and now I am on my own (don't blame the husband, it was not his fault...)

Anyway, What do you think - AM I ON THE SCRAP HEAP NOW? Is there any hope for me?

Of course there is. I am embracing my freedom, learning to make decisions for MYSELF instead of always having to consider others, enjoying my new body and mindset and I CAN GO TO THE GYM WHENEVER I WANT without getting moaned at for how long I spend in there LOL. I need new friends and acquaintances.......... Introduce yourself to me!

Replies

• LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Your screen name is awesomesauce :flowerforyou: Cheers to my fellow Scorpios!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. It took me a little over 2 years to lose the weight. But after being unhappy in my marraige for years, I finally left back in March. My soon to be ex seemed to like me better when I was fat. He was my high school sweetheart and we have been married for 20 years. I was only 20 when I got married, and I am a different person at 41 then I was at 20. I was just a baby back then.

I am so much more happy now and I feel like I have my life back. So no, you are not on the scrapheap! You are living it up girl! Good for you! :drinker:
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    Thank you! :blushing:
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! Just watch out for all the sharks out there!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    Definitely not! Just watch out for all the sharks out there!

Thanks Babs - I will be careful Mum! I will be a good girl (most of the time LOL).
    xx
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hell, no!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hell no!

I moved out in March from my husband of 23 years. In May I started working on me. I'm still working on me, but I'm a better version of who I was then.

Girl, get off that scrap heap and go rock your life.