Options

Replies

• mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    prince_hal__s_pudding_by_grimsister-d56q3lk.gif

Dude get off the Troll Train,

Just in case troll is serious

Eat the calories given by MFP AT LEAST, and exercise, duh thats its nothing better than that no pills, no fasts, no magic powders
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    wow, the negativity on here is baffling. Why can't people just be nice?
    As for starting out on 500 calories a day, it is your choice. It wont kill you... but it might be more harmful than good to your weight loss. You may find that after eating 500 calories for two days that you have the urge to binge... which may cause weight gain, not loss. I would recommend eating 1200 calories a day to start, and try that for a month or two. But good luck! :)
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    500 for breakfast is cool, then another 500 later...then more 500...and some more :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    Troll post? uh no,not at all.

There are plenty of diets which recommend detox before starting a diet plan.

500 calories for 2 days...

That should be okay
    Which is why you shouldn't do it since "detoxes" haven't been shown to be needed in peer reviewed clinical studies to encourage weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I don't see ANY PROS to this.

Unless you consider starving yourself to an early death a PRO?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    500 calories.. way too much.. how do you deflate your stomach eating that much.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    I suggest you also run a marathon everyday to ensure you maximize tho 500 calories you have eaten!

Yes! PERFECT :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just curious...many people are saying the OP won't lose any fat from doing 2 days at 500 pounds. However, if her maintenance intake is 2000 calories (for example), wouldn't that put her at a 3000 calorie deficit...rendering her nearly a pound lost? I am not advocating that, but 2 days doesn't seem too extreme.

but that wont automatically be fat lost...

why? and i am not trying to be dense. I understand if people take laxatives, they will feel thinner and weigh less...but it will be ALL water loss (zero fat loss). But in this scenario, she is actually cutting her calories...so wouldn't her body go to her fat reserves to compensate?

any weight loss is a mixture of fat, muscle and water. after 2 days, you are talking mainly water plus weight loss from there being so little actual food in her body.

no, eating 500 cals for 2 days wouldnt do much long term harm, but theres just no need to do adopt unhealthy habits as a way to lose weight, when eating a reasonable deficit with some exercise will get you better results that are sustainable...
  • rosemary98
    Options
    okay, the OP isn't talking about eating 500 calories a day for months...she is talking about two days. her hair won't fall out in two days...she won't be destined to an early grave in two days. I do agree with the poster who said it may lead to bingeing.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    There are no pros. It's a dumb idea and you are only setting yourself up to fail. Don't be foolish.
  • raylo1313
    raylo1313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow...lots of mean people on this thread! It is not unheard of to jumpstart a diet plan. This one is for only two days - people fast for longer than that - for diet and religious purposes. And I am assuming any medical issues are being taken into consideration before starting this. Now...my "two cents" is that you ensure you keep hydrated during this period. That's extremely important. Good luck and keep positive!
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    wow, the negativity on here is baffling. Why can't people just be nice?
    As for starting out on 500 calories a day, it is your choice. It wont kill you... but it might be more harmful than good to your weight loss. You may find that after eating 500 calories for two days that you have the urge to binge... which may cause weight gain, not loss. I would recommend eating 1200 calories a day to start, and try that for a month or two. But good luck! :)

smh, because common sense is severely lacking these days, people keep encouraging bad habits that lead to worse habits ie 500 calories x 2 days eventually leads to 500 calories x 7 days and on and on and on.

The sad thing is people KNOW they shouldn't be eating so little, if there was anything even remotely ok about it other people would not come to a public forum to get 'confirmation' that the bad thing isn't really bad. They would instead just do it, see the positive effects and go on rather than looking for permission to enact a bad idea. But the little smart person deep inside, buried by all the thinspo, fashion models, size 000 jeans ideas, KNOWS its not a good idea so they come to places like these,..... and then try to play the butt hurt card when people slap them with reality.

Difference between being nice and encouraging dumb behavior
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-Boo-Monsters-Inc.gif
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Just curious...many people are saying the OP won't lose any fat from doing 2 days at 500 pounds. However, if her maintenance intake is 2000 calories (for example), wouldn't that put her at a 3000 calorie deficit...rendering her nearly a pound lost? I am not advocating that, but 2 days doesn't seem too extreme.

why? and i am not trying to be dense. I understand if people take laxatives, they will feel thinner and weigh less...but it will be ALL water loss (zero fat loss). But in this scenario, she is actually cutting her calories...so wouldn't her body go to her fat reserves to compensate?

If the deficit is too large you will also break down muscle to use for energy, there is a limit to the amount of fat that can be released in a day.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    500 calories.. way too much.. how do you deflate your stomach eating that much.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rosemary98
    Options

any weight loss is a mixture of fat, muscle and water. after 2 days, you are talking mainly water plus weight loss from there being so little actual food in her body.

no, eating 500 cals for 2 days wouldnt do much long term harm, but theres just no need to do adopt unhealthy habits as a way to lose weight, when eating a reasonable deficit with some exercise will get you better results that are sustainable...

thank you for responding...but why wouldn't the weight loss consist of any fat loss?
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    How many posts are you going to make on this same topic? No, it's not healthy, and no, you're not going to get support for it. Quit asking.

lol how many times have they asked?

Lol OP has made 10 posts in total. 9 of them have asked the same question put differently each time, and, may I add, decreasing amounts of proposed calories to be eaten.

Oh, I see. tumblr_inline_mudtzpKj6b1rhu5zk.gif

AMAZING
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Meh you can do it. Personally I like to fast twice a week on 2 none consecutive days (5;2 fasting)
  • mommabenefield
    Options

Just for educational reasons im gonna venture here.... its actually very simple

The first thing your body gets rid of is water its the easiest. most people see their weight go down because of water loss

Second to go is Muscle, Muscle is much easier for your body to burn up for energy than fat. Hence the reason people advocate strength training and eating adequately primarily rather than eating a deficit and cardio. The goal is to preserve as much muscle as you can, Constantly breaking down your muscles through use and then feeding them to repair forces your body to burn fat. NOT eating 500 calories a day to make the number line up.

LAST is Fat. your body wants to hang on to fat not burn it, even doing what she's doing her body would go to other sources first. Fat is meant to be the emergency stores like the dooms day bunkers people have, its the last resort, you dont use it unless there's no other option. FAT = DOOMS DAY BUNKER

ETA: i'm not a nutritionist or trainer or phd in metaphysics etc, this is just what i believe I've learned and LITERALLY the only thing that makes sense
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    no one is being mean....sarcastic maybe.... mean not so much

mean-girls-gif.gif

This is mean
    Regina-George-mean-girls-22239664-500-283.gif

Yea sure this 2 days wont kill her, but its not going to help either, will only sabotage any real results she could get by just starting off right to begin with.
This discussion has been closed.