Hypoglycemia and exercise/weight loss

Options
This is getting frustrating.

I have type I diabetes and I'm exercising routinely (5-6 days a week, sometimes 6-7), running mostly but also some cross training (Pilates, stair climber, circuit training, etc).

I've made some progress with weight loss, but a lot of times, I end up going over on my calories because of unexpected low blood sugar that has to be treated. This morning, for example, while it hasn't put me over yet, I had a really bad low and ended up eating cereal and peanut butter. Anyone who has ever had a severe low blood sugar knows walking into the kitchen is a huge mistake but it's basically a zombie state and very difficult to stop yourself...you would eat your own arm off if it had peanut butter on it.

Anyone out there have advice for avoiding delayed onset low blood sugar from exercise? And yes, I do regularly see an endocrinologist so I'm not asking for medical advice-just anything maybe other runners do to prevent lows from happening later in the day as a result of delayed onset lows from exercise? Thanks!

Replies