Medifast

Options
has anyone tried Medifast??? Pros/cons???? I am at my "END" and need to try something different.

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty expensive to me.
  • Cher217
    Cher217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tried it. It was expensive and some of it was nasty to me. I couldnt continue paying all that money for something I could barely swallow.
  • steppann
    Options
    Funny you ask. I had never seen anything about this and a girlfriend was just telling me about it. I got on here to see if there was any info about it. She was speaking very highly of it. Her brother in law has lost a lot of weight by doing it. She just ordered it today so I will keep you posted on how it works for her. I am naturally skeptical over things such as this, but if this is what she needs to get started and to turn things around for herself I am backing her up 100%. I have told her about what I am doing (watching cals. and hard work) at this time, thats not what she is looking for so I hope this is her answer. I regardless and happy doing what is working for me, but everyone I guess needs to find there own way.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I am at my "END" and need to try something different.

These clense things, fasting what ever- sure they give you a boost or jumpstart your weight loss but overall they just suck for your system and give you a false expectation for the rest of your weight loss experience (3-4 lbs in a day?! I'll have X amount off in NO time!).

Instead of fad diets or fasts, why not just try eating food you like and that is good/good for you in moderation? If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, the only way to do it is patiently and 1 lb at a time. There's no reason to constantly make yourself miserable just to get healthier and more trim.

Here is a "meal plan" I used to help re-teach myself portions, food options and dependable filling snacks.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1

It's about 1500 cals per day and modify as needed to fit your life. Change meals you don't like, but definitely keep your eyes open for stuff you do like.

Bottom line- it didn't go on quickly it won't come off quickly.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I did LighterLife which is a similar system. I also know several other people who did it. I would say "don't waste your money". They teach you nothing about eating habits or how to keep the weight off. I was paying £66 per weeks for three months. I lost three stone in that time (42lbs) but the weight went back on just as quickly as I lost it. When I went back to normal food, I literally couldn't stop eating. I couldn't get to the 'satisfied' point. I was obsessed with food. Not surprising as I'd just starved myself for three months!

A friend of mine lost over 10stone in just under a year (140lbs) but she really struggles to maintain her weight. She goes over the same routine; get to goal weight, start eating again, can't control the eating, gain weight, go back on the LighterLife plan, get to goal weight, start eating again, and so on...

I've now lost weight the 'proper' way. I feel in control of my eating. I've learned to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I've learned how to enjoy food but notto the point of eating til I feel sick. I've hit a plateau but I'm comfortable with it. The weight will come off at a time that's right for my body. I'd never think of going on a meal replacement programme again. When I was on it, I couldn't stop telling people how wonderful it was. Now, I just kick myself for spending £1000 on milkshakes!:mad:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I tried the 1 week sampler (had a 1/2 price coupon). The snack bars were ok, the oatmeal was so so and the rest was horrible. Everything was so gloppy with the added protein powder. Not much chewing involved (the box would have tasted better) and it had next to no flavor. Not much of anything to the meals, I was always starving. It also caused very bad gas, heartburn and other "digestive" issues. I threw it out.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did it about 4 years ago- I dropped some weight and quickly, but only b/c I went from who knows how many calories to 1200 calories a day-- the week I came off (b/c I was pregnant) I gained 10 lbs. The food tasted awful to me. Personally, I'd rather just count my calories and like what I eat than spend all that money for food that doesn't taste good. I didn't have enough energy to do anything!