Planet Fitness Anyone?

Options
I've been a member at PF for almost a year. I don't have the "Black Card" membership, but just the regular $10/month membership. I am going to be in Florida for 2 weeks in December and would love to use a PF while on vacation. Does anyone know if I can use a PF away from home without having the Black Card Membership?

Replies

• joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I believe you need to have the black card to use it at any planet fitness. I signed up with them about a month ago and was trying to decide between the $20/month vs. $10/month. I was told that with the $10/month you can only use it at the gym, but with the Black card you can go unlimited times plus bring a guest unlimited times.

Best of luck,
    Joanna
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    First of all you probably opened up a bad can of worms LOL.

Secondly you have to have the black card to go to any PF in the US. Also you need it if you want to bring a guest. My husband has the black card, I go as his guest and we can use any PF.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    only the black card has reciprocal member benefits. The regular card only allows use at your home location.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get a tootsie roll on your way out to.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have the black card and bring my husband/friends for no extra charge. You can have 10 other PF visits per month, unlimited tanning and 1/2 price cooler drinks with the black card as well. Worth the extra $10 to me!
  • mwhite7372
    mwhite7372 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I travel quite a bit, and I have a PF regular membership. And, I have had to use a PF gym on the road a couple of times, as recently as early October. You can use the other PF gyms, but it is a $5 charge per day. And, Make sure to have you PF number from you location.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

And this is why I mentioned the fact that the OP opened a can of worms. Your comment wasn't necessary. Yes, they have tootsie rolls there but in the five years I've been going I have never had one. Not everyone who goes there is fat and lazy nor do they eat the tootsie rolls, or partake in their pizza or bagels. I work my @ss off at the gym and I'm pretty darn proud of the muscles I have. Not only that bu there are a lot of very fit people that go there as well.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Maybe not necessary, but it sure was funny. OP got her answer, so lighten up, Frances.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

And this is why I mentioned the fact that the OP opened a can of worms. Your comment wasn't necessary. Yes, they have tootsie rolls there but in the five years I've been going I have never had one. Not everyone who goes there is fat and lazy nor do they eat the tootsie rolls, or partake in their pizza or bagels. I work my @ss off at the gym and I'm pretty darn proud of the muscles I have. Not only that bu there are a lot of very fit people that go there as well.

No need to get butt hurt over tootsie rolls, pizza, and bagels.

Your comment wasn't necessary either, but you still posted it.

Didn't comment on the people that go there, did I? No. I made a statement that there are tootsie rolls there, toots.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Haha! Watch out for the Pizza and doughnuts they like to serve! Walmart of gyms;)
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    But to answer your question, only Black Cards get benefits outside of home gym!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Haha! Watch out for the Pizza and doughnuts they like to serve! Walmart of gyms;)

It's bagels not donuts.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

It's bagels not donuts.
    Not the one I went to two weeks ago....Pizza on Friday afternoons.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Doesn't PF have that random annual fee that they charge for no reason?

A black card you are basically paying for 2 memberships. Just keep the $10 a month membership and get your exercise in another way when you are on vacation.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Or, for all the money you're probably saving with just the $10/mo membership, they probably just have a guest fee that you can pay to use the facilities.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Yes, they have tootsie rolls there but in the five years I've been going I have never had one. Not everyone who goes there is fat and lazy nor do they eat the tootsie rolls, or partake in their pizza or bagels. I work my @ss off at the gym and I'm pretty darn proud of the muscles I have. Not only that bu there are a lot of very fit people that go there as well.

I think a better question would be why does a gym, where my guess would be most of the people are there to lose weight, serve Tootsie Rolls, pizza, and bagels?

Walmart of gyms is right - LOL!
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Go online and switch home gym and switch back.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I travel quite a bit and have had a regular membership for almost 6 years. I can workout at a PF anywhere I travel for a $5 fee. Sometimes their computers can't locate my membership, then they just call my home gym and they verify that I am an active member.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

It's pizza night and bagel mornings, not donuts.

Funny thing is, they don't twist your arm and force you to eat anything. I mean, you'd think they'd want to since their goal is to keep their patrons fat.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I go there and LOVE it so far! The boyfriend gets a tootsie roll every time on his way out :p never understood why they're all over the gym! And I saw them setting up the pizza party one day... Pretty messed up but I just rolled on by.