exercise for the chest - WOMEN

Options
well well.... I would like to know if any of you do any chest exercises.? I want to tone THEM up ...if you know what I mean.so plz suggest exercises with details.thanks x

Replies

• Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're serious. Boobs are not muscles.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Calorie Deficit + Bench Press, Dips, etc.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Behind the breast tissue is muscle. Increase the mass of the muscle, you give the appearance of larger breasts. There is a more pronounced projection of the tissue = larger cup size. Any chest exercises will help. Bench press, incline bench, pushups, flies, etc.
  • Mama_Jag
    Options

Behind the breast tissue is muscle. Increase the mass of the muscle, you give the appearance of larger breasts. There is a more pronounced projection of the tissue = larger cup size. Any chest exercises will help. Bench press, incline bench, pushups, flies, etc.

Appearance of larger breasts is completely individual, depending on amount of breast tissue to begin with, total body fat, and other factors. The OP said "tone THEM up" which isn't possible. Of course there are exercises to work the muscle underneath. How that will make breasts look is anyone's guess.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can't really "tone" them up, but you can strengthen the muscles beneath them to look "perkier." I lift weights and I didn't really notice that much difference, but my boyfriend did lol. For chest I do bench press and chest flies mainly, plus push ups in my kickboxing class.
  • Letje_Lux
    Options
    Chest exercises will definitely pick your boobs up! My boyfriend comments all the time about how my boobs look better now than they did when I was 18. And I'm 29.

Bench press (with dumbbells or barbell), incline bench press, pushups, and chest flys.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My boobs are beyond the help of chest exercises. Only surgery can help them now!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love that boobs seem to be the theme for today. Good times!
  • Gilla22
    Options
    by tone them up I meant ....about a year ago,they were smaller and firm.now since I gained weight...they ballooned .literally.and I hate that.
  • Letje_Lux
    Options
    If you just want them smaller, then you'll need to lose weight overall. They will definitely shrink.
  • Mama_Jag
    Options
    Losing body fat would be my suggestion, then. Of course, skin condition after growing and shrinking will also make a difference in appearance.
  • Gilla22
    Options
    @GymGypsy they look perfect.whats wrong?
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    cheapest way: push ups
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Not really.

Women body builders don't have huge boobs, they have large pecs. You're not going to increase your cup size or give the appearance that your boobs are bigger by working your chest. I was watching the crossfit games yesterday and the women on there were jacked and while their chest was large they did not look like they had massive boobs just a very muscular chest.

With that said: chest presses, flies, pull-overs, push ups, low, mid, high cable flies. Those all will work the chest muscle
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Women body builders don't have huge boobs, they have large pecs.

Because they have so little body fat. Their physiques are in the extreme, not not typical results without an incredible amount of work and diet.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Women body builders don't have huge boobs, they have large pecs.

Because they have so little body fat. Their physiques are in the extreme, not not typical results without an incredible amount of work and diet.

My point is that you're not going to increase your cup size by doing chest work regardless.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Wonder if all my benching will help me in that department? Two kids and well... we'll leave that to the imagination. Ma boobs give me the sads.
  • Gilla22
    Options
    thanks ...i will first try to get rid of the fat
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You could end up with great pecs and little floppy pancakes attached to them:cry: which is my case. A lot depends on age, whether you've had kids, etc.

Bench, push ups and a good push up bra. To lose overall size, lose body fat.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    My point is that you're not going to increase your cup size by doing chest work regardless.

I would disagree with that, and have seen that to not be true, albeit anecdotally.