What to move to after completing p90x?

Options
I'll be finishing the P90x program in a few more weeks and am looking at where to go next. I've seen terrific results with this program but need a break (and something with a little less time commitment) for a while. I want to continue with an emphasis on the strength training (I'm great with cardio on my own) but need to avoid a lot of plyometrics as they're hard on my joints. Looking for any suggestions and/or recommendations.

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't know too much about it, but P90x3 is coming out shortly. It's supposed to be only about 30min a day. I"m excited to see it and read reviews after it comes out.
  • dea0002
    dea0002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your P90X success! I'm quite impressed.

I've heard from a few P90X alums who moved on to Insanity and really like it. After they dive into Insanity for a while, they seem to gravitate to CrossFit. I haven't tried P90 yet, I've recently started getting into Insanity, and I'm frankly a bit scared of CrossFit.

Just my $0.02; hope this helps.
  • DaniInMaine
    Options
    Thanks for the replies......I understood that Insanity was more a cardio based program vs. P90x, which is geared more to strength training. I, too, am anxious to hear what others think of the p90x3 after it's been out a while. I have enjoyed the p90x but it takes a LOT of discipline (and time) to stick to. I'll definitely check out the CrossFit, I'm not familiar with it.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am a runner at heart but I did P90x last winter. I love it. I still pop in a DVD every now and then. What I did after was I made up my own lil routines from the workout sheets. I just went will what I wanted to do. Over this spring/summer/ fall, that's what I did. I did my cardio while marathon training and did weights 1 or 2 days a week. Worked perfect for me!

I say take a break and do cardio only for a few weeks, enjoy the break and when you are ready mix things up.
  • DaniInMaine
    Options
    Thanks. II'm a runner at heart too and am very pleased with how my work with p90x has significantly increased my overall speed. I wasn't really expecting that. I've continued to run during the p90x, just on the non strength training days. But I'm also pleased with the new definition and muscle build in the shoulders, arms, chest and back and don't want to lose that. Looking into the Shaun T25 to help maintain. We'll see!!