Hey there and thoughts of what I should do

Options
I am a school student and I wake up at 6 in the mourning and get half and hour by myself, what are some activities that I could do in that time without waking my mother or sisters up

Replies

• tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    As in fitness activities? Or just activities in general?
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    Anything but I would prefer fitness activities.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A pilates video.
    Even this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    I am not trying to procastinate but I don't have a tv in my room let alone a pilates video:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Jump online, there are plenty of 30 minute workout routines available that involve ab crunches, dips, planks, push ups, squats etc... You can print a few different ones off and keep them in your room for when you have an extra 30 minutes to spare. These things can be done without equipment and will help you reach your goals.
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    Thankyou so much, but what are ab crunches, dips and planks???
  • ranabanana32
    ranabanana32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    youtube is an excellent tool! There are tons of videos on there.
  • googlebear123
    Options
    read a book. serious.
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    I don't have access to Youtube.:(:(:(
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a computer in your room or a smartphone you can use for videos, watch them elsewhere (home, school, library) and take notes of what to do. Maybe buy a fitness magazine. If all else fails, just do some push ups, crunches, planks, side dips, mountain climbers, lunges, squats, et cetera. :smile:
  • googlebear123
    Options
    read a book.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much, but what are ab crunches, dips and planks???

These are all basic exercises to help you get started. They are all a little difficult to explain in a comment box but you are on the message forums so must have some internet access, I would recommend a Google search. YouTube is better as it is more visual so if you can somehow gain access to that, it will help with your knowledge and correct form.
  • serenakashmir
    Options
    I know some AMAZING fitness programs that actually work! They have a couple that are only 30 minutes too. Do you think that is something you would want to try?
  • kdjfalkj
    kdjfalkj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you have an MP3 or other music device with headphones, you could do some light dancing. Either that or a bit of yoga! You can probably find plenty of books about the poses & stretches from the library.
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    Yeah I'm really interested.
  • kspark658
    kspark658 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    walk the dog? join a team at school, or a gym. Find a friend who is interested in fitness as well, and go together. Check out the library, "fitness for dummies" is one that I've read, and it's pretty good. Glad to hear you want to be healthy and fit!
  • SkipPoodle6
    Options
    Thanks for the tips I really do appreciate them.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I found a book at the library called the womens health big book of 15 minute exercises. A lot of them can be done with no equipment.
  • jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    try youtube!!! they have loads of videos there.. and you can always dance :)
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you have a lap top you could do yoga/pilates ...look for videos on youtube.