30 day shred. starting my journey.

Options
In high school I did aerobics classes, cheer and activities on the side. I feel now that then was when I was in the best shape of my life. Now, at 22 I'm a mother of two amazing boys. Needless to say I am busy working and raising kids, I know I'm not alone when I say it's hard to find time for myself sometimes. I came across Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and am now addicted. I love the circuit training and the fact that it's not impossible to squeeze a 20 minute workout in, and also it feels amazing to sweat and wake up sore. I'm on day 2 of the shred and already feel better! I'd love to hear some stories, and see some results! :bigsmile:

Replies

• decorusdea
    decorusdea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 30DS, too. 4th day today. We can do this!!
  • lidiunski
    lidiunski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on 3rd day today, keep going!!!!!
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    May i join in on this thread. I started JM 30 day shred less than a week ago. I did 4 days already. I plan to do day 5 this afternoon after work. I had two rest days i felt i needed it and also had alot going on. I cud really use the support and would also like to give it as well.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Ive been doing L2 since nov4 gonna start L3 in dec 1
    I have lost more weight this month than last!
    Awesome!!!
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I just finished level one yesterday and am on to level two today. I'm a little scared, lol. I still run once a week and my last run I noticed a huge difference in my stamina since starting the shred. :)
  • lidiunski
    lidiunski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And what about level 2!?? Is it too difficult?
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started this again, I think its a great workout, plus its free on you tube :)! How long should one stay on a level? I also joined the gym and am going to see a personal trainer on Thursday, lord help me!
  • mindtoreality
    Options
    I'm on day 12… I'm loving it. I've been doing level 2 for about five days now, I pushed myself up to it a bit early. It's definitely a challenge, I still have to take a few five second breathers in there.
  • maria_belle
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing the 30ds too and I'm actually supposed to be on day 2 level 2 today, but today I just gave up. :/ I'm restarting all the way back to level 1 day 1 since tomorrow is the first of December and I thought it would be easier. I'm also restarting because I had already skipped a day on level 1 and I didn't eat too well and I didn't think I started off great.

The first 2 days on level one were hell, but it eventually got easier. By day 7,8, and 9 it was kind of too easy that I got bored of it. I totally felt different too. I noticed that my arms and legs have gotten stronger. I didn't really feel any smaller though. :/

This morning I weighed myself and I was SHOCKED!! I lost 3 pounds. It may not sound like a lot, but for just 10 days of level one its pretty amazing. Especially since I had like 3 cheat days!!!

Good luck!! :)
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did the first day of 30ds this morning. Calves are a bit sore, and I was puffed and sweaty, but considering I am about double my ideal weight, I think I did pretty good. Bring on day 2!
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you double up the 30 Day Shred...like, do it in the morning and night, (plus I do the gym if I can), does that mean I should do it for 15 days, or just do 30?
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I about died starting it again for the first time in almost 8 months...I was sweating and huffing/puffing...I felt WAY OUT SHAPE! Good luck and keep it up!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I did day 16 today… I've been on level 2 for about ten days now, I started it early because I was getting bored with level 1. It's a killer! I still can't hold all the planks for the full time, usually have to take at least one or two 5 second breathers. But I'm getting stronger!

I haven't lost any weight yet, in fact I've gained 1.5 pounds. But I also haven't been super diligent about logging my calories, so for the second half I've decided I will do that as accurately as possible and hopefully a few pounds will come off. I have lost 6.5 inches over my whole body though!
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and have tried it before, but I quit because I had plantar fasciitis and it killed my feet. They are better now and I decided I would start on December 1. I started it yesterday and I quit after 10 minutes. I felt very out of shape!! I don't know if maybe it as because my head just wasn't in it and my husband kept coming in (I don't like to workout in front of him). I think I will try it again today and see how it goes.. wish me luck!! :wink:
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Please add me to your friends as I am starting the 30day shred today as well. Today will be day one. I wanted to give it a fresh go since the month was starting over. I tried it before but was sparatic in doing it. This time I am fully committed to all 30 days. I am excited and cannot wait to hear and share results
  • sidcianicliff
    sidcianicliff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started the 30-DS last Wednesday. I took two days off already. My knee's ached yesterday... they feel better today. I'm going to the gym for some cardio and I'll do the workout again when I get home. I know there have been other threads about this workout and the stress it can cause on the knees. I love the workout tho... I was afraid to do it yesterday... but I will definitely do it today.
    my arms are so wimpy... those push ups are so hard!!! and I have to do the modified ones... whew!! lol
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 DS several times and it is very effective at toning and losing inches. I recommend to be careful if you have knee or lower back issues and to take a day or 2 recovery break when you feel you need it. A lot of people quit the 30DS because of injury from trying to do it 30 days straight.

If you get through the 30DS, try Ripped in 30. I'm doing it for the 2nd time now and love it.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 DS several times and it is very effective at toning and losing inches. I recommend to be careful if you have knee or lower back issues and to take a day or 2 recovery break when you feel you need it. A lot of people quit the 30DS because of injury from trying to do it 30 days straight.

If you get through the 30DS, try Ripped in 30. I'm doing it for the 2nd time now and love it.

I'm planning on starting Ripped in 30 after I get back from going home for Christmas… I can't wait! Is it similar to the shred? I've heard it's actually more effective.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

I'm planning on starting Ripped in 30 after I get back from going home for Christmas… I can't wait! Is it similar to the shred? I've heard it's actually more effective.

I don't know if it is more effective, because I am started Ripped in 30 at a different fitness level than when I did the 30 Day Shred. But I will tell you this, my second time doing Ripped In 30, I am able to keep up with the advanced trainer, military style push-ups and all. I did the girl push ups the first go-round. But that is for week one, so when I start week in 2 in a few days, I may be back to doing the modified version LOL. I'd say that both program are effective and very challenging. What I like about Ripped is that you are switching it up every week, vs every 10 days or so, which can get boring.
  • StarflowerST
    StarflowerST Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 DS today! I loved it. My knees started aching during the second circuit, so I started doing random movements during the cardio to relieve the tension. Then I got on my foam roller and rolled the pain out. I figured I was still moving, if not exactly like she was ;)