Too much protien?

I've noticed from my food diary that I'm always over on the protein, how much effect does this tend to have on weight loss?

*protein

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    The general consensus on here is that MFP sets protein levels too low. I changed mine and usually eat 100-130 grams a day. Unless you have a medical condition then you're fine.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Doesn't matter as long as you're not going over your calorie limit.

What you want to try to keep consistent more than anything is carbs because water weight fluctuations make it hard to accurately track weight loss.
  • ajbnjb
    ajbnjb Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for the useful info! I'm pretty new to all of this :)
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    My docs recommend to me at LEAST 100 g protein and preferred 150+ per day for weight loss. While having more protein may not affect your burn calorie-for-calorie, you do want to protect those precious kidneys of yours and be sure you're drinking LOTS to keep the kidneys flushed! Use a water calculator to find out your recommended fluid intake, as eight glasses pertains only to those of average weight! (You can find those with a simple Web search! There are lots of them out there!)
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    You should be in protein sufficit while loosing weight, it is a way to minimise muscle loss.
    Of course, coupled with some exercising.