New food style? is it good or bad?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ok, since my calories are very low I'll replace Pepsi Max with fruit juice or Pineapple juice that would probably give me like + 370 calories? how about that? :P
    I'll also start eating some sugars I guess since am kind low on it so maybe an ice cream sandwich +210 calories with my meals?
    so that is an increase of almost + 600 calories more, does it sound reasonable now? :P
    any other suggestions? :O I really appreciate this, I need solutions and straight forward suggestions like Eat this and that along and you should be good.

If you absolutely can't live without some sort of pre-planned meal routine...then perhaps either look into working with a registered dietitian or consulting with certain weight loss companies that do the pre-packaged meals (i.e. Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc).
  • roflskates
    roflskates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Water (or tea) instead of Pepsi and fruit if you want more sugar/carbs?
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    Eat more man, and mix up your exercise routine instead. Get your body in fat burning mode..!

I was under eating @ 6.5-7.5k kj's, needed to atleast 9k to loose 1 kg. However when I upped it to the 9kg I found I got better results. Just work harder. I feel i'm not as hungry as well after a gym sesh or B.Ball
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    After reading your last 2 posts i have a feeling you will do what you want anyway and don't do something with advices so not worth my time anymore.

Hopefully i am wrong and you will take some of the advice putted out here. Do what you pleases and have a nice life

No no, well I explained to you my situation, but on normal days without going to the gym my counter suggests that I eat 1200 calories, and I already eat around 800 so it is kinda close. But on days where I go to the gym it is low and I am honestly thinking what I should be eating more since I am low and asked you if you think these ones that I suggested are good option :O I am not making fun of your suggestion or anything!!
  • 7L551
    Options
    will do :)
    Thanks man :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Um no. It's not a new food style, it's starving yourself and not a good idea.

So you can't make yourself some real meals, but you can make yourself some salad and chicken breasts? I'm very confused. And how do you know how many calories are in your chicken breast unless you weigh it?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    my counter suggests that I eat 1200 calories, and I already eat around 800 so it is kinda close.

Ummmm, no..... 800 calories is NOT kinda close to 1200. And I fooled around with a calorie needs calculator, and even inputting your height at 4 ft tall, it said you need more than 1200 calories per day. I'd be VERY interested to know what settings you entered to get MFP to tell you you eat 1200 calories per day.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    If you weren't losing before, I have a hard time believing you weren't losing due to WHAT you were eating. More than likely, you were estimating intake too low and over-estimating calories burned. Are you weighing all of your food and measuring all of your liquids other than water? Are you using a heart rate monitor for your cardio workouts? Normally I don't think you need these things right away, but if you weren't losing and think you were eating at a certain level, better to check that rather than drop down to a very low calorie diet. I'm not saying it won't work for some, but why do it unless you have to? Seems to me you need to up your cals, really check your calculations and then adjust from there.

Well I tried multiple ideas, the easiest one was that I'd stop fast food for 2-4 weeks straight (I used to eat once every week consisting of 1 medium pizza or so) so then I tried home made food, thats the hard thing about home made food though, you can't really calculate it, but again I was only eating 1 meal for the day (just like now) and it mostly consisted of half a plate of rice and the other half was mostly vegetables (leafs or beans or you know anything veggie) with a very small bit of raw cooked meet. and that would be my meal for the day as well.
    when I tried the routine I did not drink but diet coke as well so it is not something that I drink or eat beside this food.

I gained over 40 pounds from that " half plate of rice " I ate often twice a day. I never measured it and once I did ( the day before I started MFP) I realized that it was more than 2 cups. This means I ate my daily calories in rice alone....just with lunch and dinner.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    my counter suggests that I eat 1200 calories, and I already eat around 800 so it is kinda close.

Ummmm, no..... 800 calories is NOT kinda close to 1200. And I fooled around with a calorie needs calculator, and even inputting your height at 4 ft tall, it said you need more than 1200 calories per day. I'd be VERY interested to know what settings you entered to get MFP to tell you you eat 1200 calories per day.

For someone 4 feet tall the base amount is almost always under 1200. Not much ( the average is 1147 ) and for a person like me ( 5 feet tall) it is usually 50-70 calories a day more, which means it's right around 1200 calories, based on light activity. Even exercising every day does not give hundreds and hundreds of calories more on a daily basis unless the person exercises several hours. And I am talking about the average weight loss beginner now, not about those people who live in the gym and can eat 12 doughnuts a day and brag about it. The bad thing with MFP is that if someone choses to lose 2 pounds a week they are told to eat 1200 calories, which is foolish, because a very heavy person can lose 2 pounds a week by eating more than 1200 calories. It seems that the starting weight of a person, be it 400 pounds or 149 really does not seem to matter for the MFP calculator.....that is wrong. I would not blame a newcomer if they follow what MFP tells them to do.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well I tried multiple ideas, the easiest one was that I'd stop fast food for 2-4 weeks straight (I used to eat once every week consisting of 1 medium pizza or so) so then I tried home made food, thats the hard thing about home made food though, you can't really calculate it, but again I was only eating 1 meal for the day (just like now) and it mostly consisted of half a plate of rice and the other half was mostly vegetables (leafs or beans or you know anything veggie) with a very small bit of raw cooked meet. and that would be my meal for the day as well.
    when I tried the routine I did not drink but diet coke as well so it is not something that I drink or eat beside this food.

How can you not really calculate home made food? Homemade food is what I make and imo it's the easiest to calculate. Weigh the ingredients, build the recipe on MFP and divide by number of servings. Easy peasy.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

For someone 4 feet tall the base amount is almost always under 1200. Not much ( the average is 1147 ) and for a person like me ( 5 feet tall) it is usually 50-70 calories a day more, which means it's right around 1200 calories, based on light activity. Even exercising every day does not give hundreds and hundreds of calories more on a daily basis unless the person exercises several hours. And I am talking about the average weight loss beginner now, not about those people who live in the gym and can eat 12 doughnuts a day and brag about it. The bad thing with MFP is that if someone choses to lose 2 pounds a week they are told to eat 1200 calories, which is foolish, because a very heavy person can lose 2 pounds a week by eating more than 1200 calories. It seems that the starting weight of a person, be it 400 pounds or 149 really does not seem to matter for the MFP calculator.....that is wrong. I would not blame a newcomer if they follow what MFP tells them to do.

OK, so I should hold my judgement, until the OP explains what he inputted, so that MFP told him to eat 1200 calories per day.
  • 7L551
    Options

OK, so I should hold my judgement, until the OP explains what he inputted, so that MFP told him to eat 1200 calories per day.

Sorry I was outside of my house for a long day.
    So I did change to my current weight and settings, some stuff were like almost a year and half old about my situation and my old weight goal was 75 kg I changed it to 65 and adjusted the hours at the gym for 3hrs 3 days per week to 2 hrs (Yeah I know WTF 3 hours?) That was the old system and I did not like spending 2 hours on the elliptical :P
    Currently lightly active and changed it from Not active.
    hieght is the same as before: 178 cm
    Anyways, It used to be around 1200 but now it went up to 1410 per day, that is an increase
    Also I asked the system to lose 1 KG per week, so that might be the reason.

Thanks for your suggestions though, I really appreciate it :)
    P.S I love your name and pictures XD
  • 7L551
    Options

How can you not really calculate home made food? Homemade food is what I make and imo it's the easiest to calculate. Weigh the ingredients, build the recipe on MFP and divide by number of servings. Easy peasy.

well I tried to explain this before, but I live with a family, so I don't cook my personal food and the food that is made is made in a big pan for 6-9 people and might even stay for the next day, so the ingredients are not accurate BUT anyways, I'll give you an example of what I am right now going to eat at around 5:30 PM
    Half a plate of rice (round it up to 2 cups of white cooked rice) and the other half (so 2 other cups) of string beans with fresh cut tomatoes, garlic and small cuts of meet (small amount really less than a hand full of cut meet)
    So that is mostly my daily food for the whole day. so you tell me, is this more than 1400 calories?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Anyways, It used to be around 1200 but now it went up to 1410 per day, that is an increase

Still no. An adult male needs to be taking in at least 1800 calories a day. 1 kg is 2.2 lbs, not cool.

You still aren't getting how this all works. Your activity level as far as exercise is not included when you input it into your goals. That's just an incentive to have you do the workouts you say you will if you go into the exercise tab. It doesn't add any calories to the budget MFP gives you no matter what you put there.

Choosing lightly active gives you a few more calories because it's based on your job and assumes you do work that has you moving around most of the day but not doing heavy lifting or strenuous work.

You use the Food tab to input your food. If you think you ate 2 cups of cooked rice then log that, log the number of grams of meat you think you ate, log the vegetables that went with it. What you described is nowhere near 1400 calories.

You can do whatever you want but what you're describing isn't healthy.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well, you are a CANUCK
    so I must be kind.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So I did change to my current weight and settings, some stuff were like almost a year and half old about my situation and my old weight goal was 75 kg I changed it to 65 and adjusted the hours at the gym for 3hrs 3 days per week to 2 hrs (Yeah I know WTF 3 hours?) That was the old system and I did not like spending 2 hours on the elliptical :P

You are 5'8....eating 800 cals a day.

Please eat more and perhaps see a doctor just in case.
  • 7L551
    Options

Still no. An adult male needs to be taking in at least 1800 calories a day. 1 kg is 2.2 lbs, not cool.

You still aren't getting how this all works. Your activity level as far as exercise is not included when you input it into your goals. That's just an incentive to have you do the workouts you say you will if you go into the exercise tab. It doesn't add any calories to the budget MFP gives you no matter what you put there.

Choosing lightly active gives you a few more calories because it's based on your job and assumes you do work that has you moving around most of the day but not doing heavy lifting or strenuous work.

You use the Food tab to input your food. If you think you ate 2 cups of cooked rice then log that, log the number of grams of meat you think you ate, log the vegetables that went with it. What you described is nowhere near 1400 calories.

You can do whatever you want but what you're describing isn't healthy.

Ok I just did input the food I ate, now it appears that I barely got any sugars for my day, so should I like buy a candy bar and eat it to increase both calories and sugars?. I mean you hear people telling you to avoid sugars and stuff like that, but should I be looking at the information given and try to eat everything that I am messing to reach the at least 1400 calories?
  • 7L551
    Options
    well, you are a CANUCK
    so I must be kind.

:D
    Much appreciated, Thanks :)
  • 7L551
    Options

You are 5'8....eating 800 cals a day.

Please eat more and perhaps see a doctor just in case.

will try my best to eat much more atleast to 1400. I'll follow your advice guys.
    Family doctor will probably just send me back home and tell me not to worry XD, I think it is time to check the walk in clinic doctor :O
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The sugar number is a number to stay under not a number to try to reach. Forget the candy bar and find some real food to eat. I'm right across the lake from you, don't make me have to come kick you *kitten*!