Your Logging Plan for today? (Thanksgiving)

Options

Replies

• beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I got a great workout in this morning and I may try to log but I am just gonna enjoy today. I plan on eating sensible. Just getting small portions so if I got back for seconds or thirds I will not feel like I am just going overboard. Let's enjoy!
  • jcativey
    jcativey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to logging the calories. Want to see what my typical Thanksgiving Day meal(s) amounts to.

Exercised but not worrying about food intake.

Enjoy the day.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The plan is to get in a Thanksgiving ride with the so, and log food up until t dinner. I want enjoy all the foods, but not overstuff myself.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I will think about it probably 20 times, and how silly an idea it is to do today. I type this eating cherry turnovers. oh yes, there will be some serious breakage of diet today.... Now... there is that Makers Mark...
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I'm definitely logging today. I am going to enjoy the eats today though; as I only go wild on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my Birthday dinner.

Other times that I tried to stay under calorie on Thanksgiving, I just ended up binging by dessert, and eatting about 2x more than if I would have just eatten what I wanted.

:heart:
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    Just a question? If only logging till dinner why log at all for the day, just enjoy!! If your not logging dinner than your really in essence taking a indulge day, why worry about breakfast and lunch if you have no idea what dinner is going to consist of calorie wise. Just curious.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just a question? If only logging till dinner why log at all for the day, just enjoy!! If your not logging dinner than your really in essence taking a indulge day, why worry about breakfast and lunch if you have no idea what dinner is going to consist of calorie wise. Just curious.

I just want to make sure i am getting enough protein/fiber in for the day
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Not logging
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Just eat and enjoy the people in your life. One day of eating like the old you will not turn you back into the old you.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, because I want to know how much I ate. I pre-logged a reasonable meal. We'll see how closely I hew to that plan!

I'm going to eat whatever I want, though. I think of my goal not as a daily goal, but as a weekly goal. Some days I go over the daily goal, some days I am under it; what matters to me is that at the end of the week, I'm under (or not much over) my total for the week. That applies to feasts like Thanksgiving - yesterday I had a 700-calorie deficit from an intense workout; I didn't eat the calories back because I was thinking of today's dinner.

Back in October I did a 111-mile bike ride that burned about 4300 calories; my calories for the day were negative, despite eating during the ride and then the post-ride pizza and beer, but I made up for it in the next few days by going over my goal to ensure I had enough carbs and protein to repair my muscles and replenish the glycogen. It all balanced out in the end.
  • PrincessTamyka
    Options
    I'm logging everything, accepting I will probably double my calories but being okay with it...I'm not drinking alcohol and I may go for a walk after dinner to make myself feel better...
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, but just by using the quick tools calorie add feature as an estimate. I ate all I could hold which was much less than previous years and I enjoyed it. I walked two miles this afternoon, not because I felt guilty, but because it's rare that I get to be outside in the sunshine. I've lost 60 lbs during the past year and one day is not going to undo that!
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just best guessed it. I had a very light breakfast (140 calories), two drinks, two rolls, 3 oz of turkey, and a big piece of eclair cake. It's telling me I'm only at 1100 for the day, probably underestimated some of it, but I'll have a small dinner later. I had a huge workout on Sunday where I didn't eat back my calories purposely for my Thanksgivings. Two days of at about 2000 won't hurt me (2000 is a lot for being 5'2 and not exercising). Two modest Thanksgiving meals won't hurt my progress, it'll be a nice refresher. But tomorrow I will go right back to measuring all my food and carefully keeping track.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Logging everything, I know I will go over, but it's okay today. I also just did a five mile run and I'll do some dancing after dinner. Trying to make a habit of incorporating fun afterwards for years to come.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Logging estimates based on a couple of years of experience w/ a food scale.

(However, in maintenance so accurate logging isn't really a big deal for me right now.)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I quick added an estimate of calories, but was not concerned with accuracy. I have tomorrow off, so I'll do an extra long workout to cover any overage.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I hold myself accountable everyday and today is no different. If it went in my mouth, I log it.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I am confused......
    Why do so many people say something like " I am not going to worry and I am not going to log ", or " I am going to relax and I am not going to log ". The thing that I can even understand less is " I log breakfast and lunch, but not Thanksgiving dinner, because I want to enjoy my family ". Ok, don't people enjoy breakfast and lunch ?
    In my book neither has anything to do with logging or not. I am not American, so I can't relate to Thanksgiving, but my plan for Christmas is to eat exactly what and how much I like and still log it, because I am kind of interested in how much it was and because it's the lifestyle I am committed to for now.. Logging for me has nothing to do with worrying or not relaxing. It's a bit like brushing my teeth, part of my daily routine.
    I agree with the people who log, no matter how much ( or little ) they eat, because it's imo part of this new lifestyle which is 24/7 and not only for those days when we don't have cheat days, holidays, birthdays, vacations and " because I deserve it " days. Or is there something I am culturally not catching on to ?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Go look at my diary, I logged it all, including my Zumba class this morning. I am stuffed and ate everything I wanted.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I am confused......
    Why do so many people say something like " I am not going to worry and I am not going to log ", or " I am going to relax and I am not going to log ".
    In my book neither has anything to do with logging or not. I am not American, so I can't relate to Thanksgiving, but my plan for Christmas is to eat exactly what and how much I like and still log it, because I am kind of interested in how much it was and because it's the lifestyle I am committed to for now.. Logging for me has nothing to do with worrying or not relaxing. It's a bit like brushing my teeth, part of my daily routine.
    I agree with the people who log, no matter how much ( or little ) they eat, because it's imo part of this new lifestyle which is 24/7 and not only for those days when we don't have cheat days, holidays, birthdays and " because I deserve it " days. Or is there something I am culturally not catching on to ?

Americans...we are an all or nothing kind of people. We either like it big, or get it out of our way. When we have to eat, drink, watch football (American football, the real kind), and party we don't want to waste our time counting calories. It's just how we are. We're great fun when you get to know us. You should see us when it comes to guns, oh boy do we love our guns.

But, I logged what I ate today, and it came out to be around 3000 calories.