Runners: Where to put phone?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've seen bands that go around your waist that have zipper pockets on them made for running. They're kind of like fanny packs but are not as bulky. I know that you said arm bands are not an option but I have seen them made for phones that big. Also, I definitely would NOT put it in your bra or anywhere else that would get super sweaty. I have ruined phones this way :(. I would go to a sports store. Normally they have a section for technology and will have tools for carrying phones.

Thats what I use if not using a jacket as I carry my phone ( to track my distance) plus my inhailer.
  • lutterby
    lutterby Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have found a range of clothes with pockets which I use.... when you're a girl, pockets are rare.
    My run top has a cleavage pocket in it, I think its called wondergirl top, their skirts also have pockets on leg. They are called skirt sports.... most of their clothes come with pockets, which I like.
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also has a small pocket for keys.

1.jpg
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    I either stuff it in my pocket if I'm wearing a jacket or a sweatshirt, or I simply hold it in my hand if I'm just wearing a t-shirt. I like to listen to jazz when I run (not so much into "power" songs), and I feel like I'm not fighting the headphones as much when I just hold it. It's an iPhone 5 by the way, but I've had a Galaxy Note 2 before, and held that one too.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I just leave it in my car. I don't need to be textin' or musicin' to run.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Check out what's called a "Flip Belt" from Level Terrain...it's designed specifically for this purpose and is really handy for runners or anyone who needs to free up their hands. You can get them from several websites including Amazon but most running stores will have them as well.

These are actually pretty nifty if you want to pay for them. I've seen a lot of runners with them. Considering this as my next purchase.

My Mother-In-Law is a seamstress so I showed her the website and had her make a version of it for me.

Seriously, hands-down best thing ever for runners. iPhone goes in one side, thin gloves, thin beanie and a gel goes in the other.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I carry mine in my hand. That's what I've always done so it feels weird not to. I have an armband but never liked it.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    ** no comment **
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I put mine in my sports bra, in my cleavage....

But I don't sweat. Ever. So that makes it possible lol.

Same here. I keep it in my bra, and I rarely sweat unless it's just ridiculously hot for a long time.
  • pouchkey123
    Options
    in a pouchkey,

its a great place to carry your phone/keys/ ID

pouchkey.etsy.com