Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I think you rock!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So well-worded. I shall show it to people who look at me weird when I say "glycogen store".
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I thought I was crazy that when I have a bad week eating wise I gain 1-2 lbs, which then almost immediately comes back off. This makes so much sense now.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my FL :flowerforyou:
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump! THanks for sharing!
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Very informative post. Thanks
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you i know ive read this a number of times before but it seems i need reminders every now and then lol. As an aspiring personal trainer i best get it cemented in my brain!
  • dreamsicle23
    Options
    Good to know.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BUMP! - Super helpful! Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Book marking this. Thank you. :drinker:
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I keep coming back to this info. Thank you.
  • lwakeman1
    lwakeman1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This would explain why I am losing and gaining the same 5lbs every week! By the weekend, I lose around 5 pounds, and then I have a cheat day (usually Saturday) and by Monday (don't see a change on Sunday) I am back up to where I was the previous Monday. Then I spend the rest of the week losing them. So goes the roller coaster ride! Everyone that I could ask, that were in the "know", said it was "probably" water weight gain. But, they weren't sure and were only guessing. But, this explanation reveals what is most likely going on.

Thanks for the explanation.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    This would explain why I am losing and gaining the same 5lbs every week! By the weekend, I lose around 5 pounds, and then I have a cheat day (usually Saturday) and by Monday (don't see a change on Sunday) I am back up to where I was the previous Monday. Then I spend the rest of the week losing them. So goes the roller coaster ride! Everyone that I could ask, that were in the "know", said it was "probably" water weight gain. But, they weren't sure and were only guessing. But, this explanation reveals what is most likely going on.

Thanks for the explanation.

Be careful with a cheat day. If you're not tracking it, and your deficit isn't steep enough during the week to cover it, you can actually undo everything you worked for during the week. I recommend doing something a bit more moderate... if you cut 500 calories/day (i.e. your goal is to lose 1 lb/week), if you feel you need a "cheat" day, just bump up your goal on one day of each week by 500 calories. In essence, you'll be in a deficit 5 days out of 6 and you'll lose just under 1 lb/week. If you go all out, instead, and have a cheat day on which you eat 4000-5000 calories (not hard to do if you eat at a restaurant - burger platter, drinks etc.) you can possibly leave yourself with just a 500-1000 calorie deficit for the week - not enough to see any significant weight loss within a matter of weeks.

So go with a calculated "refeed" day to maintenance, or just keep tracking and choose to go over here and there. If you track everything, at least you know where you stand. If you just say, "It's cheat day so I don't log anything," you will have no idea how big your deficit is or isn't or whether you're undoing all the effort you're putting in all week.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I finally reached my goal weight and i'm at a point to maintain, just didn't know how to go about it without gaining weight. Such a helpful post!
  • Zenjaeie
    Options
    Uhh... sorry, but I'm a dumbo. Can you put this in simple terms? I just want to maintain after my weight loss- how can I go about this? :)
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great post