What was your turkey day calorie count?

Options
My main Thanksgiving meal came in at 1,084 calories. While this is alot more calories than what I normally eat at one meal. I have hit under my total calories for the day and my macros are almost perfect. I had a great meal with my family and had a little of everything, portion control was key. Man that kentucky derby pie was good! Final calorie was 1,652.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1025 for the meal here. I had some cheese and candy earlier though (I was hungry all day and we didn't have our Turkey dinner until 5pm) so that put me at 2100 total. That's probably just a little over my maintenance calories... not going to sweat it!

I'm still 20g of protein under goal though. That annoys me.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2,626 so far with breakfast and some leftovers to snack on, and I'm still contemplating another slice of pie.

The main meal was:
    - Crab cheeseball w/crackers & crudites (pregaming)
    - Roast turkey w/giblet gravy
    - Cornbread stuffing w/pecans
    - Twice-baked sweet potatoes
    - Green beans
    - Homemade cranberry sauce
    - 2 Parker House rolls w/butter
    - Champagne
    - Pumpkin chiffon pie w/whipped cream

SO YUMMY. I regret not a bite of it.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    2302 total today. I measured out potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and weighed the turkey. I'm not full at all, and last year ate at least twice the amount, plus drank way too much, too. I just hope today doesn't trigger a week long binge on leftovers, because even 2300 is way over my goal these days. Happy holidays to all :-)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 1500 and 1800. What I weighed out would have brought my total to 2050, but I ended up getting full very quickly.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Uum dont know dont care. Lol. Baby eating off my plate. Etc. Basically trying to.keep him from dumping.our plate on the floor...haha
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    16,757 including alcohol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Didn't count. But given that we ate our thanksgiving meal as brunch and then ate a light dinner I am pretty satisfied with what I ate.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1350. Also burned 350 on a run today. I got to eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and pumpkin pie.

That's a win in my book.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Total was 1967 but I burned 601 on my "pie run" so not too bad:drinker:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't log, but it had to be 3000+.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Grand total was 1,013, burned 236 it said with cooking/cleaning...not terrible! Main course was 1,084 alone! Dessert put me over tonight, but apple pie a la mode was AWESOME!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    2161 for the day!! Should have skipped the late night dessert of 420 calories. Oh well tomorrow will be better. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    3311. would have been more had i made mac n cheese and mashed potatoes . i'll get those calories next year :grumble:
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Who cares.
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You guys make me feel so guilty. U all had like 3000 or lower i had 6000 calz today . Man
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    You guys make me feel so guilty. U all had like 3000 or lower i had 6000 calz today . Man
    i tried, but i got a late start. later than expected.
    i''m full now but it's only 9:20 so who know what will happen between now and 11:45 pm when i still have time to eat and log calories for today :laugh:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Total: 1758
    Net: 1231
    Stayed under goal.

Also posted at
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1144204-how-many-calories-did-you-eat-today
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    16,757 including alcohol

Awesome but I think mine was 16,758 :glasses:
  • Gonzafitness
    Options
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving dinner was at a restaurant. I'm not sure of calories for the meal because of that but I am positive my calories for the entire day were very low; my guesstimate came to just over 1000. I did not indulge at all.

The turkey, salad, and unadorned veggies were good but the meal was early & there was no food offered while visiting later. Too late to eat now. A low day once in a while won't kill me.