To all the ladies....I need advice!

Options
So this may be a bit on the personal side...but once again it's that time of the month=/ I've been feeling really good about myself and have noticed some changes in my body, until this morning. I woke up and felt completely...well, fat. I know that bloating is a symptom of the menstral cycle but is this really all it is? I've felt so discouraged all day. Even now at 10:30 at night I still feel gross...even getting through my workout was surprisingly difficult. This is my first cycle since I began MFP...so I could really use some advice about whether or not this is normal:ohwell:

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I would say this is normal. I know during TOM, I feel less energy, my moods can sway and dip and we also get the wonderful physical side effects as well. I just keep trying to keep on my same path with eating healthy and exercise and then when the water weight gain goes away I see a huge drop on the scale which just brightens it all up.

Keep your path strong and in a day or two, it will all sort itself out.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Bloating :grumble: You'll be fine :smile:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way this month so I understand completely how you feel. I had no motivation on Friday morning and I have felt bloated for the last week; I just hope tomorrow weigh in shows a change in a few numbers:)

Thank goodness this only lasts a week!
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's not just physical bloating it's also a psychological reaction to your hormonal change as well. Your likely not feeling yourself because you're not. Plain and simple. Don't weigh yourself, and just ride it out until it's over.
  • Silverstard
    Options
    I can't tell you if that's "normal" since being on MFP (I've only been here since last Thursday myself), but I'm going through the exact same thing. This weekend I've gone through the same thing. (That, plus all that Halloween candy - harsh..) Feeling like a big blob, no energy to do anything and nothing healthy sounded good to eat. I really wanted something horribly delicious. I did the best I could and now I'm starting to feel better, so the only advice I can give is give it as much energy as you can and know that it will pass. :)
  • cnp8942
    Options
    Thank youuuu...I'm trying to just keep my head up. I just feel so yuckkk=p
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    drink a lot of water, it'll help reduce the bloat in addition to just being good for you :) and rest if you need to (but working out does help cramps) and INVEST IN A HEATING PAD best thing ever
  • MommyOfThree260
    Options
    I felt the same way last week...it was my first time since starting too...and I refused to weigh myself because I didn't want to feel discouraged. It only lasted a few days, then the following week I was down 4 lbs so it made up for all the things I was feeling the week before. Just give it a few days, you'll get back to feeling great again soon!!