my workout plan - am i planning right? critics are welcome

Options
I get only 30 minutes at gym in morning 5 days a week, and Lunch time i try going for 20 min brisk walk

and i follow this plan

Mon - Upper body with Weights Machines
Tue - Spinning class (30 minutes)
wed - Stationary bike with dumbbells in hand (bicep,triceps,shoulders)
Thurs - 30 minutes Fitness Ball Abs
Fri - Treadmill or Cross Trainer
sat- legs Training at home
sun - i go for outdoor run

i welcome all critics on my weekly workout planning, because i do feel tired at the end of day, not sure if i am going on right way

Replies

• vdubsl
    vdubsl Posts: 11
    Options
    personally, i'd plan to fit a rest day somewhere there perhaps a sunday but besides that seems solid enough to me.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    My goal is to get toned and Not increase weight
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    personally, i'd plan to fit a rest day somewhere there perhaps a sunday but besides that seems solid enough to me.
    yes rest day is imp too, let me try on saturday or sunday
  • jyotidhawan
    Options
    sounds good to me...but have atleast one rest day honey...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think given your goals you'd be better off doing more compound lifts.

lifting weights on the bike is just weird because it means that you're more than likely not going to be able to get a good enough workout either from the bike or from the weights because you're trying to do them at the same time. so basically your intensity will more than likely be so reduced that you wont get any benefit fitness wise.

i would suggest stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just go for programs that have already been vetted and where people are actually the same results you want. check out new rules of lifting for women, starting strength or strong lifts
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    lifting weights on the bike is just weird because it means that you're more than likely not going to be able to get a good enough workout either from the bike or from the weights because you're trying to do them at the same time. so basically your intensity will more than likely be so reduced that you wont get any benefit fitness wise.
    on the contary, i really get a good workout that i feel sore next day, while i take rest from dumbbels my legs are paddling bike vigrously, and during lifting i am paddling slow
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Compound lifts maximize efficiency, your "plan" is mostly wasted time. Go with Stronglifts, follow the program. Playing with dumbbells while trying to ride a bike is the ultimate in time wasting, spending an entire day just working abs is also a total waste.
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    i would suggest stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just go for programs that have already been vetted and where people are actually the same results you want. check out new rules of lifting for women, starting strength or strong lifts

i follow that on other 2 days, i really liked "new rules of lifting for women" very informative
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    i am thinking next week, i will do weight lifting everyday (alternate muscle group), will observe the changes and accordingly replan my next weeks
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you only have 30 minutes a day, dedicate the majority of your days to lifting weights.

You will look better lifting 4-5 days a week instead of doing cardio those days.
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    Compound lifts maximize efficiency, your "plan" is mostly wasted time. Go with Stronglifts, follow the program. Playing with dumbbells while trying to ride a bike is the ultimate in time wasting, spending an entire day just working abs is also a total waste.

okay, i will replan my program
  • aafoo
    aafoo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Keep atleast one day for rest else you will eventually feel burned out! I would suggest keep rest day on some weekdays and increase intensity of weekends. Thats what I do. But its only you who knows the best,
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    If you only have 30 minutes a day, dedicate the majority of your days to lifting weights.

You will look better lifting 4-5 days a week instead of doing cardio those days.

make sense, i really need to replan my entire week i guess
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    Keep atleast one day for rest else you will eventually feel burned out! I would suggest keep rest day on some weekdays and increase intensity of weekends. Thats what I do. But its only you who knows the best,

yes, Monday is best rest day
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Cardio overload.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    on the contary, i really get a good workout that i feel sore next day, while i take rest from dumbbels my legs are paddling bike vigrously, and during lifting i am paddling slow

regardless of feeling sore, are you seeing the results you want?

soreness isn't really a good indicator of how effective a workout is
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options
    Cardio overload.

i thought so too :(
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Options

regardless of feeling sore, are you seeing the results you want?

soreness isn't really a good indicator of how effective a workout is

yes i guess you are right, next week i will do weight lifting everyday (alternate muscle group), will observe the changes and accordingly replan my next weeks
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options

^this. Listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about.