Is my height/weight considered cute or unattractive?

Options
2»

Replies

• coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    As you are really slim now, the type is perfect! You´ll become more balanced all over after a time.

But why should someone avoid that type of body? It´s the cutest kind of all I think. Much better than a streak or a bowl one :laugh:
    Because she's trying to be healthy.

+1
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Posting stats and body shots and seeking validation/support for being underweight when living with an ED are a common feature of pro-ana / pro-mia websites. That's all I've got to say..
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    To be direct, I'd perfer to see you with more muscle/ weight on your body but you got a cute face though.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and 95 pounds, and 21 years old. I'm in the process of gaining some muscle and recovering from Bulimia.
    I have a small weight, but my waist is 23" and my hips/busts are 31. I do have an hourglass figure. My legs aren't fat, but they are the majority of my weight, lol. All of the muscle I have is in my legs. :-)
    I'm currently working on my confidence. :blushing: But I want honest opinions! :) Is my body type cute or is it the type that you'd avoid if possible? Don't be sensitive with me, be truthful. Thank you! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Why are you posting about wanting to gain muscle and needing to gain weight and then posting this on another thread? You need to get your mindset right. You can't focus on recovery and worry about being thin simultaneously. Who cares if you are cute if you are saying you can't pour your own milk on cereal? Get healthy in your brain and in your body and then worry about how you look!

I agree!!!! I have seen this same post on 2 different threads about 2 completly different topics.

I think being on the internet while recovering from an ED maybe isn't the best place for you to be. You should come off MFP, not worry about what is cute and what is not, and get yourself well! :) You will soon feel very very cute and good about yourself.

Best of luck on your road to recovery! X
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ei. I had no idea I'd get so many comments like this. I know you're all just looking out for me and my well being, and I'm very thankful for it. I don't expect you to understand my thought process at all, because not even I truly understand it to be honest. I suppose you're right. But when your only thoughts on yourself are negative, it does sometimes help to be told otherwise by someone other than yourself. But enough with the rambling, my apologies. :flowerforyou:

Yes you're cute (though not due to any body type) and you seem kind and eager to learn. I know how much a compliment can change your mindset, and I know what it's like to be depressed and hate yourself because I do on a daily basis. But just realize what your disease can do to play tricks on you. Validation can lead to rationalization. Just like an alcoholic or addict trying to find a way to rationalize.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ei. I had no idea I'd get so many comments like this. I know you're all just looking out for me and my well being, and I'm very thankful for it. I don't expect you to understand my thought process at all, because not even I truly understand it to be honest. I suppose you're right. But when your only thoughts on yourself are negative, it does sometimes help to be told otherwise by someone other than yourself. But enough with the rambling, my apologies. :flowerforyou:

Yes you're cute (though not due to any body type) and you seem kind and eager to learn. I know how much a compliment can change your mindset, and I know what it's like to be depressed and hate yourself because I do on a daily basis. But just realize what your disease can do to play tricks on you. Validation can lead to rationalization. Just like an alcoholic or addict trying to find a way to rationalize.

+1 Great answer.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Why are you posting about wanting to gain muscle and needing to gain weight and then posting this on another thread? You need to get your mindset right. You can't focus on recovery and worry about being thin simultaneously. Who cares if you are cute if you are saying you can't pour your own milk on cereal? Get healthy in your brain and in your body and then worry about how you look!

It's actually slightly harder than this, or, to say it better, more subtle. I wouldn't have opened a thread seeking for some kind of reassurance, but still, when you have an eating disorder, healthy habits and bad habits oscillates on the same scales, especially if you're still recovering. It gets so complicate that you're not able to realize what's right and what's not, and most of the time in you're in denial about all the harm you're doing to yourself. Curing the mind is so much harder than curing the body... I happened to find that my mindset got significantly better after adopting a few healthy habits. This doesn't mean that I don't think about it anymore, and neither that I'm completely cured. I just wanted to say that sometimes you cannot really "cure" the brain and then focus on the body. Sometimes you have to do it all at once. The good thing is that, if you're lucky, the will to get better will eventually pull you out of the worst unhealthy mindsets.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Skin with ribs showing isn't attractive but yes you can put on a little and you'll be very beautiful in no time. I can see right though you, I had an ED at around your age and I have similar issues like you have with needing validation. We so need to talk.. We don't need it. We are beautiful already. Ok?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you actually are trying to recover, have you thought of changing your picture?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    FWIW You know what kind of woman I find attractive? Confident, successful ones. I know some blokes don't like their woman to earn more than them or be more successful than them but I have always encouraged my partners to be the best they can be.