Thanksgiving weight gain

Options

Replies

• webchicken
    webchicken Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Down half a pound and ate 2,000 calories over !!!!
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    None! Treated it like every other day. Not ready for those days of indulging YET.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh and tbh it's not something that I particularly care about. I ate more than I intended ( OH NOES! NOT ON THANKSGIVING!) and had a good time on Thanksgiving. I noticed when I looked in the mirror this morning that I hadn't gained back the 90 lbs that I've lost, so I must not've eaten all THAT much :)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    After two big calorie days I'm up .5lb this morning. It will probably be gone tomorrow.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm up 5lbs. I did a complete carb refeed, 460g total, and ate 1400 over my TDEE. It's just 1 day and it's all water weight from the carbs and sodium. No worries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So who weighed in this morning, and how much did you gain??

I am up nearly a pound (.8 to be exact) but expect a full pound drop by Sunday.

I'm down a Lb...

You do realize that you didn't actually gain 1 Lb of fat right? You do realize that weight loss isn't linear and weight maintenance isn't static. Natural fluctuations can easily be 2-5 Lbs day to day. You probably had a bit more sodium than normal and/or more carbs than usual causing some extra water retention...or it could be your feast is still digesting and a bit of extra waste in your system...it isn't fat though.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The scale was a lb. higher this a.m. but sometimes that happens regardless. A high calorie burning workout will probably (hopefully) take care of that.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am down, .8
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.8 pounds x.x
    Which is semi-reasonable considering I ate 4,710 calories yesterday, ouch.
    It would be nice for SOME of it to go away though, which I'm sure it will based on how I'm feeling right now - I definitely consumed lots of sodium, I feel it! >.<
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My thankgiving was back in October but I lost 2lbs the day after :P
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I think it is psychologically damaging to do post-festivity weigh ins. You work hard to get to the feast, you know you are going to eat a lot, and the next day you thrash your self-esteem and hard work by weighing yourself.

Enjoy the day, enjoy the food, be thankful for the hard work you put in days prior to TG, and absolutely enjoy the day after without the psychological torture of how much, how little, etc.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Scale says I'm up 8 pounds. Does that mean I win?
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    no gain

inner monologue(that'll do pig.....that'll do)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    8lbs
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i ate 1000 calories over my goal but the scale stayed the same. going for a run right now! :)
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Soooo….

Stuff your face then weigh yourself the next morning? …because that's a really accurate number, right?

I didn't weigh and I don't really care. Food baby is slowly disappearing.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    So who weighed in this morning, and how much did you gain??

I am up nearly a pound (.8 to be exact) but expect a full pound drop by Sunday.

I'm down a Lb...

You do realize that you didn't actually gain 1 Lb of fat right? You do realize that weight loss isn't linear and weight maintenance isn't static. Natural fluctuations can easily be 2-5 Lbs day to day. You probably had a bit more sodium than normal and/or more carbs than usual causing some extra water retention...or it could be your feast is still digesting and a bit of extra waste in your system...it isn't fat though.

Yes I do realize! :)
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    I think it is psychologically damaging to do post-festivity weigh ins. You work hard to get to the feast, you know you are going to eat a lot, and the next day you thrash your self-esteem and hard work by weighing yourself.

Enjoy the day, enjoy the food, be thankful for the hard work you put in days prior to TG, and absolutely enjoy the day after without the psychological torture of how much, how little, etc.

I weight myself every day, regardless of what I ate the day before. It's part of my maintenance strategy and I keep everything on a graph. I don't know what you mean about working hard to get to the feast, but I didn't thrash myself or feel one bit of anything this morning when I weighed myself. It's a part of my routine, like brushing my teeth. Weigh, enter data, and move on with my day.
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    no gain

inner monologue(that'll do pig.....that'll do)

:laugh: Love that movie!