Work E-mails...

Options
2»

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    NO. NOOOOOOOO. I read, re-read, re-read again and STILL go back and re-read the sent email. I don't fool around with it at all.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We have this handy dandy reply to all button that will oftentimes pull in mass distribution list for the entire Army and a bunch of other agencies. Geniuses will hit the reply all message and say something idiotic. It's further compounded by other geniuses hitting the reply to all saying stop hitting reply to all. It then snowballs into other idiots joining in on the festivities. I kid you not, these emails will last for days.
    Lol, must be a governement thing. We've had Dept Notices about not feeding the email storms. It always amazes me how high up the participants can be.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    We have this handy dandy reply to all button that will oftentimes pull in mass distribution list for the entire Army and a bunch of other agencies. Geniuses will hit the reply all message and say something idiotic. It's further compounded by other geniuses hitting the reply to all saying stop hitting reply to all. It then snowballs into other idiots joining in on the festivities. I kid you not, these emails will last for days.
    I see this a lot!!

Probably the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, was have a typo in my Out Of Office message, I was informing people that I was out of the office due to a Pubic holiday in the UK....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

we had one of those one friday... the original email went out around 10.30am and we spent the WHOLE day reading replies....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When I first started here 6 years ago, there was a guy working here with the same last name as a friend of mine. My friend's name was Ed and the guy at my work was named Dave. I had met Dave a couple of times at business meetings, but we didn't know each other.

Over the course of the first couple years here, I kept sending Ed pics from family vacations, Motorcycle rides we had gone on (Ed and I ride together) and other stuff like that. Turns out I had been sending all these pics to Dave. After I sent pics from Puero Vallarta to him, he sent me a reply and said "Thanks for sharing." I never told Dave that those emails were meant for someone else. To this day, Dave thinks he and I are buddies now.

Poor Dave, what a sad sad man. I hope you still CC him on those family photos. Bahahahaha.

I've come to work with Dave over the last few years. We are in similar positions at different Plants. Haven't shared any family photos with him, but did run into him in person a couple years ago. My daughter won the Company Scholarship Fund for $10,000 and when Dave found out he made it a point to show up for the presentation. I introduced him to my wife and daughter. He's a very nice guy, but we come from different worlds.

awww, i dont know if thats sweet or really sad.....
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I misspelled a closing statement to one of my contractors. It read like this.

".....and in conclusion, I am extremely disappointed that you have failed to carry out my instructions yet again.

Retards,

Paul"

Didn't spot it. Contractor thought it was hilarious. I lost all credibility.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options

".....and in conclusion, I am extremely disappointed that you have failed to carry out my instructions yet again.

Retards,

Paul"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That one happens often but I just think this is super hilarious!
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Luckily, we have 30 seconds to "undo" a sent message. I like that feature.
    Us too! THANK GOD!

Before I actually noticed that we had that I got a nasty reply to an e-mail from a client that said, "Well I think I have been completely respectful and I will never be purchasing from _____________ because of your hostility."

I was completely confused. I went back to read my reply to them. They had originally said, "I respectfully disagree..." and when I wrote back I meant to say, "I'm sorry that you disagree, I also respectfully disagree." instead I wrote, "I'm sorry that you disagree, I also disrespectfully disagree."
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

we had one of those one friday... the original email went out around 10.30am and we spent the WHOLE day reading replies....

As soon as I see that first 'reply all', I set up a filter on the email subject line to move all other replies straight to trash. Works a charm.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

LOL we get things like that sometimes too.

Oh, people.

ETA:
    As soon as I see that first 'reply all', I set up a filter on the email subject line to move all other replies straight to trash. Works a charm.

That is genius.... why am I learning this on my last day here :|
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    And once I sent out a strongly-worded letter to a client who was pissing me off, and at the end, I meant to say "Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions," but I left out the word "don't." It was unintentional, but I thought it was funny.

Yes, please hesitate to contact me if you wish to complain or make my life difficult in any way. That is a line I should use.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I've never fired one off that wasn't too horrible but on this subject I've got to share what one of my former co-workers did.

I guess he had a secondary email up whike we were working on a project (we use a corp version of gmail) and he got his windows mixed up. That is the best guess on how he pulled off this amazing fail but anyway, we get a project status update sent to our entire dev team along with a few VPs from an email address labeled something along the lines of "cucksissyforblackcocks112"

Obviously there is no bouncing back from this and he was promptly terminated. He always kinda creeped us out anyway.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My wife's named Jan and so is one of the Supply Chain Managers. I've sent emails to my wife on more than one occasion and had the other Jan email me back with replies like "That sounds wonderful, but I think you meant to send this to your wife."
    Sure...."You meant to send it to your wife". Uh huh. :bigsmile:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I've sent out emails where people respond "Are you crazy?" Nope, just can't stand bs.
  • nikki2001
    nikki2001 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Retards,

Paul"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: OMG I can't stop laughing at this, so funny! lol
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Bwahaha!!! :laugh:

Retards,

Paul"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: OMG I can't stop laughing at this, so funny! lol
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    " I see this a lot!!

Probably the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, was have a typo in my Out Of Office message, I was informing people that I was out of the office due to a Pubic holiday in the UK.... "

Exactly how are these "Pubic" holidays celebrated? hmmmm.....
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Retards,

Paul"

At least a colleague sent out an email to a client saying 'kind regards'.
    Yes she's blonde and from Essex.