Almost A Success Story

Options
2»

Replies

• Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Really good job!
    And you are lucky that your belly has gone first, a lot of people would kill for that :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Really good job!
    And you are lucky that your belly has gone first, a lot of people would kill for that :)

Its funny because I am pretty sure the hole 26lbs came out of my belly because I dont see a difference any where else haha
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My God, look at you!! You have done a phenomenal job!!! Not only do you look awesome, you are full of encouragement and you keep me on my toes! Great to have you as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    My God, look at you!! You have done a phenomenal job!!! Not only do you look awesome, you are full of encouragement and you keep me on my toes! Great to have you as a friend :flowerforyou:

Aww your so sweet thank you Jazi719. Your a tough act to follow :)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What is some good advice to give for those of us who are still struggling every day and doesnt seem to be getting any where? Besides for watch what you eat and staying presistent

For me, I made sure my salt was below my macros, I drink 2/4 Liters of water daily, have up regular soda and fast food. Lots of fruits and veggies but I didn't deprive myself of things I wanted if I had cravings I just split it in half and have the rest to my dogs and family haha. An hour of cardio 3/4 days a week, switching up my routine so I don't get bored. And I don't eat back my exercise calories (most of the time). May not be the ideal way but it works for me!

Its not my salt thats a problem its the sugar and Im still trying to figure out ways to cut back on that...Some days I can drink alot of water and some days I may only get 6-8 cups a day. But yea Im not depriving myself from cravings either

Have you noticed that sugar has a bad effect on your weight loss?? My sugar macros are over by atleast 80g everyday just from fruits and veggies alone. But it hasn't hindered my efforts so I don't worry about sugar :)

Im not exactly sure, I joined this sight in Sept and I didnt loose weight til Oct and in about a month I lost about 10 lbs and about 3.5 inches off my waist....That was including eating Halloween Candy...2 weeks ago I did really good with loosing but past week and half I truly didnt eat the greatest so I know part of the little weight gain was from that though its going back down now... I dont go out of my way to eat sugary things but I notice alot of my foods do have the refined sugars in it. I am eating healthy sugar as well

Looking at your food diary you intake less sugar than me so I do not think sugar is your concern. It can't hurt to fine tune it but I think you should take a look at the rest of your diet as well. I notice you add sugar to your coffee have you tried just using fat free cream. I used to put 12 packets of sugar in my coffee then I bought fat free vanilla creamer and I don't even notice there is no sugar packets anymore.

Also your cereal intake, are you positive you only have a cup, when I eat cereal I measured out a cup and it was so small I had to have two which is about 400 Cals plus milk... That could be throwing off your calorie count. Lastly your exercise seems high if you burn that much that's amazing and I'm proud of you. But I have noticed that mfp overestimates my Cals burned so I have to adjust it down myself 100/200 Cals so if that is the case with you, if your cereal is off 150 Cals and your exercise is off 150 Cals that's 300less your burning a day which could be hindering your weight loss efforts. Just a thought I may be wrong but it's something to think about

Thank you for your insights the one day I did pre measure the cereal but I actually had a cup and a half, those days I dont think I did add in the extra cup into my diary but I also did pre measure the milk so that was exactly 1 cup... I dont pre measure the other foods I eat though I do have a good idea of how servings look. For instance with the chicken breast I dont eat a full size, its usually cut in half or smaller pieces. I think it has to do with pasta and breads and mashed potatoes alot. I did notice when I cut back big time on the mashed potatoes. I did loose weight, this past Sat I made pasta and only 3/4s of what I had in my bowl. I usually fill it up 3/4s also. I dont add in sugar if I use creamer, only when I ran out of creamer I did to the milk. I know I over do it on the creamer it self. I tried adding in less creamer but didnt like the taste. So far this week Im drinking less coffee with fat free half and half and only 3 teaspoons of sugar...For the excersize I add in my daily activities like cleaning the house walking around the store or standing and talking to my friend. With that Im not sure where heavy house cleaning and moderate house cleaning differs really, I know if im standing there doing dishes thats not exactly heavy cleaning but this past week I took out my younger daughter toys out of my room and put them into the storage room so to me that was heavy cleaning cuz I lifted up her full toy bin and moved around alot. So maybe it isnt my sugars maybe its my carbs then that I need to worry about which I already knew about but I thought that maybe the sugar had to do something with it as well
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    What is some good advice to give for those of us who are still struggling every day and doesnt seem to be getting any where? Besides for watch what you eat and staying presistent

For me, I made sure my salt was below my macros, I drink 2/4 Liters of water daily, have up regular soda and fast food. Lots of fruits and veggies but I didn't deprive myself of things I wanted if I had cravings I just split it in half and have the rest to my dogs and family haha. An hour of cardio 3/4 days a week, switching up my routine so I don't get bored. And I don't eat back my exercise calories (most of the time). May not be the ideal way but it works for me!

Its not my salt thats a problem its the sugar and Im still trying to figure out ways to cut back on that...Some days I can drink alot of water and some days I may only get 6-8 cups a day. But yea Im not depriving myself from cravings either

Have you noticed that sugar has a bad effect on your weight loss?? My sugar macros are over by atleast 80g everyday just from fruits and veggies alone. But it hasn't hindered my efforts so I don't worry about sugar :)

Im not exactly sure, I joined this sight in Sept and I didnt loose weight til Oct and in about a month I lost about 10 lbs and about 3.5 inches off my waist....That was including eating Halloween Candy...2 weeks ago I did really good with loosing but past week and half I truly didnt eat the greatest so I know part of the little weight gain was from that though its going back down now... I dont go out of my way to eat sugary things but I notice alot of my foods do have the refined sugars in it. I am eating healthy sugar as well

Looking at your food diary you intake less sugar than me so I do not think sugar is your concern. It can't hurt to fine tune it but I think you should take a look at the rest of your diet as well. I notice you add sugar to your coffee have you tried just using fat free cream. I used to put 12 packets of sugar in my coffee then I bought fat free vanilla creamer and I don't even notice there is no sugar packets anymore.

Also your cereal intake, are you positive you only have a cup, when I eat cereal I measured out a cup and it was so small I had to have two which is about 400 Cals plus milk... That could be throwing off your calorie count. Lastly your exercise seems high if you burn that much that's amazing and I'm proud of you. But I have noticed that mfp overestimates my Cals burned so I have to adjust it down myself 100/200 Cals so if that is the case with you, if your cereal is off 150 Cals and your exercise is off 150 Cals that's 300less your burning a day which could be hindering your weight loss efforts. Just a thought I may be wrong but it's something to think about

Thank you for your insights the one day I did pre measure the cereal but I actually had a cup and a half, those days I dont think I did add in the extra cup into my diary but I also did pre measure the milk so that was exactly 1 cup... I dont pre measure the other foods I eat though I do have a good idea of how servings look. For instance with the chicken breast I dont eat a full size, its usually cut in half or smaller pieces. I think it has to do with pasta and breads and mashed potatoes alot. I did notice when I cut back big time on the mashed potatoes. I did loose weight, this past Sat I made pasta and only 3/4s of what I had in my bowl. I usually fill it up 3/4s also. I dont add in sugar if I use creamer, only when I ran out of creamer I did to the milk. I know I over do it on the creamer it self. I tried adding in less creamer but didnt like the taste. So far this week Im drinking less coffee with fat free half and half and only 3 teaspoons of sugar...For the excersize I add in my daily activities like cleaning the house walking around the store or standing and talking to my friend. With that Im not sure where heavy house cleaning and moderate house cleaning differs really, I know if im standing there doing dishes thats not exactly heavy cleaning but this past week I took out my younger daughter toys out of my room and put them into the storage room so to me that was heavy cleaning cuz I lifted up her full toy bin and moved around alot. So maybe it isnt my sugars maybe its my carbs then that I need to worry about which I already knew about but I thought that maybe the sugar had to do something with it as well

O from what I have read on this site it's not a good idea to add in daily activities like clean iming the house in for exercise. Because mfp takes into account your daily activities and gives you calories for them. If anything count it as extra in your head and don't log it. That may be why you are loosing slowly. I would only add in exercise such as watching a workout video, going for a walk things like that. Just a thought
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I did read about that but I forgot about that...Ill try that out and see what happens then
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! We are kind of in the same boat I joined at the beginning of the year and started at 210.5. At this point I am down 15lbs. My goal is to get to 160lbs (was hoping to lose 50lbs in 1yr but at this rate it will take me 2yrs+. Am starting to feel a bit discouraged so it helps to see posts like this. Thanks for sharing!
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    You look fantastic! We are kind of in the same boat I joined at the beginning of the year and started at 210.5. At this point I am down 15lbs. My goal is to get to 160lbs (was hoping to lose 50lbs in 1yr but at this rate it will take me 2yrs+. Am starting to feel a bit discouraged so it helps to see posts like this. Thanks for sharing!

Dont be discouraged, if I can do it so can you. I am telling you I was ssoooooo lazy before all of this, and I just had to take it one step at a time. We have the same goals and starting weight, what sort of things are you doing, maybe I can help :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!